Would like to hear from the peeps that ENJOY their 921

Bought my 921 from Costco a month ago. So far no problems what so ever. Many OTA recordings without a single glitch. Love it!

Another happy Costco purchaser. Might be less so if I'd paid the original $1,000 though. Also don't have any OTA to recieve so no issue there.

Only gripe - no way to get HD output to my DVHS HD recorder. Oh, and need more HD channels of course.

ocaddict said:
Hearing a lot of reboot action going on here. On average, how often do you guys need to give the 921 a good reboot to clear any issues? Daily, weekly, monthly?

I've had my 921 for six weeks and I am pretty happy with it, other than the fact that I don't get OTA guide (I will not ever subscribe to locals).

I've done 3 power button reboots since I've had the unit. It is so far very stable and I would recommend it as a good way to get HD channels (Sat. and OTA) and having a DVR.

The DVR has already REVOLUTIONIZED the way I watch TV and I predict nearly everyone will have some form of DVR or TIVO in the next few years.

Happy So Far

I got my 921 installed Thur and really like it so far. The HD picture is great and the SD pictures ARE better in HD mode also. I can't get any OTA here so don't have that problem (wish I did for FOXHD Super Bowl).
I had one problem yesterday morning but was able to fix based on the info from the posts here. THANKS! :D

I am also one of the enjoyers!! As I have done since my purchase of the 501...I rebot the 921 and 721 every Monday morning before I leave for work. Truth is I really don't even know if I need to do this anymore but at the same time I have not had a single problem with the 921 (or 721 for that matter).
My only real complaints COULD be, like everyone else - lack of info in OTA guide, lack of TRUE OTA guide, no NBR and only 1 OTA input. But I knew all these things going in, so for $549 I never even bother thinking "what if"

I was one of the first to get the 921 when it came out, and for the most part, I have had very few problems. Locals reliability was the biggest problem I had from the start, but they have been working great now. I have never had a missed timer on this box, I guess I have been lucky in that regard.

Heck, I even jumped on the Dishstore.net 10% off sale at the end of the year, and bought another one! I haven't fired this one up yet, so we'll see how it works compared to the first release model.

love my 921

I've had virtually no problems with my 921 (love that way I said I had no problems, but really have?) Seriously, the 'only' problems I've experienced with this unit is related to switching between channels rapidly, which (no surprise) caused the computer to hang for a few seconds. The worst thing I had to do once is hard reboot to get the system to recover. Aside from these very very minor glitches, I'm happy. I have two 5xx recorders, a 6000 unit and have sold/traded in other units. I've been with d* now since roughly '95 and have not been inclined to leave since. For those that are thinking of jumping ship to cable, let me offer one reminder: when a big storm hits, one of the first things to drop out (sometimes for many days) is your cable, while your dish hums along so long as you have electricity. I'm a fan of dish, a fan of 921 and a huge fan of time shifting the shows I like to watch.
Keep it up Charlie, try to remember that word of mouth (buzz as they like to say today) goes a long way. Keep your customers happy, we'll do our parts bragging on our systems which obviously helps you.

Awesome! Glad to hear from all you guys that are enjoying your 921. I got mine all set up tonight and it's humming along nicely. There are just a few minor glitches but overall it's a damn good receiver so far and HD is simply incredible. Hey, I forgot what channel the HD demo loop was on. Can anyone hook me up? :)

If you are in a market where SOME of the spanish language channels and such are on that satellite then YES... get it. The upgrade is free (for now) including all switches and installation needed to make it work. This will change once they shift all of the locals in a market to one bird or the other, but for now it is a free upgrade (if you are in one of those markets and you subscribe to the locals package in your DMA).

Here in the New York DMA there are actually a few useful independent channels (WNJB, a PBS station out of NJ and two independent channels that show a lot of old movies and TV shows). CHS-HD is the killer app, and hopefully they will be adding the other HD networks soon as well on the same bird......

When my locals first came, I had the installer come out...but after talking to him there were only 4 channels... 2 spanish and 2 religious. He gave me a dual lnb instead...later when I got Hd I put up my old dish 300 with the free dual and had a direct for 148.... Now with the 921 and dpp44 with a dppquad, I at first got all 4 sats... now I only get 119, 110 and 148 on the 921...but I get 119, 110 and 61.5 with my 6000u so it doesn't worry me...

Mine has been up & running for a week. One re-boot & a bunch of recordings I am very happy with the unit. Before I could only record HD on a HDVCR whitch would only record off antenna, not the dish. Now i record from both. Make me one happy camper.
dish 500(119 & 110)
dish 300 (61.5)
Mit 65"

Well...I now join the club of unhappy campers. Yesterday and today I had all sort of well known problem with my 921. Lost a lot of recordings with ERROR 692, got jitters on my screen for few hours, S-Video now produces unstable picture and aspect ratio (format) got locked. This all happened on different time and all the glitches have already been reported at Dbstalk.com and here . It seems that 3 weeks without problems is the best you can get.

I may be joining the unhappy camp as well. I loved mine for first month. However Now I am getting a strange nag when I choose to record my locals. Not OTA but DISHNETS when it gets ready to record, I get a no longer subscribed or black out nag and it does not record. WHAT UP!

721 Build w/ DPP Separator Support... When?

Is FOXP2 the replacement for Empires Sports?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)