Will Me TV Toons survive?

vcr1980

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2018
I love Me TV Toons.

I am worried because I rarely see any actual commercials. Sometimes a cartoon show will actually air with zero commercials.

Will the channel survive? Are there enough advertisers?

The channel is nearly three months old, having launched last Summer. It's too early in the game to tell if the new network succeeded or not. Most of the cartoons are aimed towards Generation X and Millennial viewers who watched those same exact cartoons as kids.

They do have a normal commercial load. And from what I am hearing they are doing very well, and have been adding a lot of new affiliates each month. Plus some cable systems are also starting to pick up the channel.

I have this channel on a lot myself, fun to watch or have as background noise.

One of the best new channel launches in a long long time.

I'm a fan of cartoons myself, having watched different kinds cartoons since I was only four years old as a form of escapism from the doldrums of everyday life.

I'm glad there's another option for cartoons besides watching free streaming services, buying and watching/binge-watching DVD/blu-ray discs or paying a premium for cable TV or a streaming service for the specific types of cartoon shows I want to watch/binge-watch.

They do have a normal commercial load. And from what I am hearing they are doing very well, and have been adding a lot of new affiliates each month. Plus some cable systems are also starting to pick up the channel.

I have this channel on a lot myself, fun to watch or have as background noise.

One of the best new channel launches in a long long time.
Most excellent.

Lots of great old cartoons not seen in years. We have a Weigel Class A here on the Oregon Coast on ch 36 (3). No MeTV-Toons added as yet, but the rest are there H&I, Start TV, Movies!, Catchy TV, METV+, Story TV, and METV. Both H&I and METV are in HD. The only way I can get METV-Toons is either off Philo or Frndly TV. I already had Frndly TV that carries all of the Weigel channels so I have it. I am hoping METV-Toons ends up on our Class A. Weigel has great channels!

Reactions: FTA4PA
Love it! Able to see all the old Gerry & Sylvia Anderson Supermarionation shows I've never seen before - Supercar, Fireball XL5, Joe 90, Captain Scarlet. They are mysteriously not airing Stingray, though. (Already seen all the Thunderbirds.)
__
Neil

Reactions: Justin Hill
The channel's only three months old (as of September 27, 2024), and it was great that the new channel's launch coincided with the launch of Weigel Broadcasting's owned and operated MeTV station WMEI, channel 31 in Green Bay, Wisconsin in June 2024.

Green Bay, despite being home to the Packers football team, was one of many TV markets left without MeTV when the channel was purged by the E.W. Scripps Co. stations in favor of their own networks a few years back.

WGBA-TV 26.2, was one of the former MeTV affiliates, with the channel being replaced by Scripps' very own Defy TV, which has since been replaced by a revival of Ion Plus.

MeTV Toons launched on WMEI 31.2, and I liked watching it ever since.

I enjoyed watching the Harvey Toons (Casper, Baby Huey, Herman and Catnip, etc.), the Looney Tunes (especially Bugs Bunny), The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Top Cat, Inspector Gadget, Underdog, The Real Ghostbusters and their two E/I-compliant cartoons, Captain Planet and the Planeteers and Histeria. I like how the channel cycles through different cartoons to keep the schedule fresh.

MeTV Toons mostly has the feel of early 1990s Cartoon Network, yet it is not afraid to do its own thing and differentiate itself, by acquiring some more recent cartoons from before 2010 for the schedule, like The Mask or the modern Duck Dodgers cartoon series, as well as other syndicated cartoon shows outside the Warner Bros./Hanna-Barbera catalogs, including Inspector Gadget, Mr. Magoo, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Underdog, as well as airing imported Supermarionation TV shows from the UK, including Thunderbirds, during the late night "Known Strings Attached" block...

I also like how they air the "Cartoon College" and "MeTV Toons Tunes" interstitials during the commercial breaks of each cartoon, with interesting facts about the cartoons on the channel in the former and cartoon-themed music videos in the latter.

They even celebrated Bugs Bunny's birthday with a Bugs Bunny TV special and also celebrated the premiere of the new 2024 film, "Beetlejuice Beetlejuice," with a marathon of the 1990s Beetlejuice cartoon series.

I also liked how they also air Toon in with Me on MeTV Toons, as an encore presentation of the same episode, which aired on original MeTV just a few hours earlier that same day.

This channel is a fun, welcome change from all the boring news, religious and home shopping channels already found in my broadcast market.

Live bandscan