Wii strapped recalled

Mikley you contradicted yourself in that post, and I would like to point those out to you. I would also like to point out that you assumed somethings without findnig out fact.

#1. you yourself kept talking about sony batterys in remote control- when Hpman said if the was a sony controller recall, you then replied with the thing about a strap vs. batteries, then you talk about burns on your hand when Hpman says he wish he did die so he could sue
contradiction #1-you said no one has brought up the problems of batteries, but yet you bring it up....now you could have meant that Sony had a recall on laptop batteries which they did so that brings us to this
contradiction #2. If this is the video game forum how do laptop batterys fit in here, if you want to make this the video game forum, then keep it clean of other talk, or dont criticize others.

#2 The wii remote strap breaking (glass on a tv, a glass lamp, hitting other people) Leads to a dangerous experience, we both agree on that. Especially when this console is designed with kids in mind, thats very dangerous no contradiction here.

and no point proven on the friends thing either, as I have pmed Joe a total of one time, with 3-4 total Pms...as I had a question about something he would know about....your problem there is you state what you said as if Joe and I wake up and PM one another, and send daily pms, it was a one time thing....also I have added two people to my friends list for the ps3, as no one I know has a ps3 and I saw the names on here, I dont consider us friends, so try again....I will see you around.

DUDE!!! LISTEN!!! I saying this for the last time. They are both recent recalls, are they not? NO ONE SAID that Nintendo is using Sony batteries in the remotes. No one said Sony controllers are recalled because of a battery problem as of yet. Can we agree that Sony Lithum Ion battery technology is the same technology, same manufacturing process whether its a laptop battery, Digital camera battery, or cell phone battery, game controller battery, or even some of the newer AA batteries you see in electronics stores? Hence it's the same battery just a different size and shape.

Now what you are not seeing is the severity of each recall. As in point#2 you made, we do agree that they are both dangerous, but take it a step further, which is more dangerous? Would you rather take your kid to the hospital for a cut and bruise or a 3rd degree chemical burn? This is probably why we have different views. You see it as 2 recalls that don't have anything to do with each other, and because I work in healthcare im forced to see the severity of the problems instead.

I will continue to bash Sony because they make crappy products and charge a premium price. My first PS2 stopped reading discs right after the MFG warranty expired. Which was way before the first Xbox. So, it was either pay $200 to buy a new one or $150 to get it fixed. Which is the better choice? So I got a brand new one then the xbox came out and now the PS2 collects dust from not being used. My receiver has distortion if you raise the volume more than 20%. Sony refused to fix it. My TV refuses to save settings when I turn it off... I have to put it on video 1 with no label to prevent screen burn. Crappy products that I paid a premium price for!

So no a laptop battery shouldn't be in this forum but it is the same Lithium Ion Technology in all their other batteries and probably using in the PS3 controller so recalling their lithium ion technology can fit here since they also use the same battery technology in their PS3 controllers. So yes it IS valid to bring it up. Thats how Sony's Battery recall can fit in the video game forum if such a recall for the PS3 controllers arises.

#2 at least we agree on something... again would you rather take you child to the hospital for a a cut or 3rd degree chemical burn?

Now, whether you guys are or are not friends, who cares.. because I don't. Now if you guys want to take it personally, then so be it. I'm not bothered by it nor will be.

Bottom line, think severity between the strap recall and a battery recall. Then you will see why I responded to hpman's post like I did and will continue to bash Sony products. I will gladly bash any company if they made crappy and dangerous products. So it's not about being a 'fanboy' its about quality of products that we spend hard earned money for. I'm not in any way defending Nintendo's strap recall, I don't think we should have to pay for crap. I can think of a bunch of ways to work around the strap problem which don't include duct tape, but for the life of me can't if the lithium ion battery should happen to combust in a PS3 Controller, if it does happen.

Who cares if you guys are friends or not. I sure don't but both of you are making a big deal about it... :D

And had it exploded on me, it would have been on the pillow or blanket that i always place the laptop on or on my desk.
Because you have some common sense. Believe me, there are plenty out there that do not.

Honestly. "you people" always try to discredit Sony with the battery issue. Yes it was a big issue, but it could have happened to any company.
I discredit Sony because they make crappy products and charge a premium price. Yes, it could happen to any company, and if it did, I would be bashing them also for making an crappy product, it just so happens to be Sony, which I would expect from them.

I can't understand why Sony would continue to produce a battery that they knew would have problems and eventually lead to millions in losses, but from many posts that the impression that I get for the Sony bashers.
MAYBE because out of their hundreds of plants another welding machine in another plant may crack the cell seals again. What caused the machines to crack seals in the first place since the machines were controlled by computer and CAD drawings... could it be one of the engineers messed up on measurements? You know what they say about computer data... garbage in garbage out.

DUDE!!! LISTEN!!! I saying this for the last time. They are both recent recalls, are they not? NO ONE SAID that Nintendo is using Sony batteries in the remotes. No one said Sony controllers are recalled because of a battery problem as of yet. Can we agree that Sony Lithum Ion battery technology is the same technology, same manufacturing process whether its a laptop battery, Digital camera battery, or cell phone battery, game controller battery, or even some of the newer AA batteries you see in electronics stores? Hence it's the same battery just a different size and shape.

Now what you are not seeing is the severity of each recall. As in point#2 you made, we do agree that they are both dangerous, but take it a step further, which is more dangerous? Would you rather take your kid to the hospital for a cut and bruise or a 3rd degree chemical burn? This is probably why we have different views. You see it as 2 recalls that don't have anything to do with each other, and because I work in healthcare im forced to see the severity of the problems instead.

I will continue to bash Sony because they make crappy products and charge a premium price. My first PS2 stopped reading discs right after the MFG warranty expired. Which was way before the first Xbox. So, it was either pay $200 to buy a new one or $150 to get it fixed. Which is the better choice? So I got a brand new one then the xbox came out and now the PS2 collects dust from not being used. My receiver has distortion if you raise the volume more than 20%. Sony refused to fix it. My TV refuses to save settings when I turn it off... I have to put it on video 1 with no label to prevent screen burn. Crappy products that I paid a premium price for!

edit, also in this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=79703

you are the ONLY one that brings the battery problem in, you really say stuff without facts dont you?

So no a laptop battery shouldn't be in this forum but it is the same Lithium Ion Technology in all their other batteries and probably using in the PS3 controller so recalling their lithium ion technology can fit here since they also use the same battery technology in their PS3 controllers. So yes it IS valid to bring it up. Thats how Sony's Battery recall can fit in the video game forum if such a recall for the PS3 controllers arises.

#2 at least we agree on something... again would you rather take you child to the hospital for a a cut or 3rd degree chemical burn?

Now, whether you guys are or are not friends, who cares.. because I don't. Now if you guys want to take it personally, then so be it. I'm not bothered by it nor will be.

Bottom line, think severity between the strap recall and a battery recall. Then you will see why I responded to hpman's post like I did and will continue to bash Sony products. I will gladly bash any company if they made crappy and dangerous products. So it's not about being a 'fanboy' its about quality of products that we spend hard earned money for. I'm not in any way defending Nintendo's strap recall, I don't think we should have to pay for crap. I can think of a bunch of ways to work around the strap problem which don't include duct tape, but for the life of me can't if the lithium ion battery should happen to combust in a PS3 Controller, if it does happen.

Okay, paragraph #1, and as a side note this back and forth you vs me is getting old as you make comments then say no one is talking about them, and change your mind and contradict yourself, but here we go....Yes you are right no one BUT you is talking about sony batteries as this is a Nintendo controller recall thread, you are the one that brought it up, and you are the one rehashing it over and over. I never said Sonys batteries are being used by nintendo, I think you are confusing two issues. Also no we cant agree that its the same technology, as I believe Sony is smart enough to change some things around after a expensive recall as that, but until I find proff either way, I am going to assume things have changed.

Paragraph Number two, I do agree about the cuts and bruises, but I have never ever ever ever seen a story of a burning controller, or exploding controller battery, until you show me a link of where you are getting this info as you stated earlier of a "possible" recall, I just cant believe you, I am sorry.

paragraph #3, Now we are getting to the heart of it, you bash sony because you had a bad experience, well in that case, to HELL with microsoft, JVC, Maytag, Chevy and any other item I bought that broke down.....I went through 4 360's all with random malfunctions, but yet you dont see me bashing microsoft, so you went through some products, why would you stick with sony for tvs, video game systems and everything else while you knew you didnt like it? also just to let you know, Sony did Fix the Ps2's that had the disk read error for free, you shoud have gotten in on that!

also trust me I am not upset you called HPMan and I friends, just trying to show you you really dont know what you are saying, and you are just throwing words out there just to do it, like how you bring a Laptop battery recall, into a Sony Controller recall, and then right away say, lets keep this talk about video games and thats it. and Then say there isnt a Sony Battery problem in controllers as of yet, but yet have no facts what so ever to back it up....enjoy hope to see you around. your turn :)

Okay, paragraph #1, and as a side note this back and forth you vs me is getting old
Exactly, then don't reply to my posts and I wont reply to yours, deal?

as you make comments then say no one is talking about them, and change your mind and contradict yourself, but here we go....Yes you are right no one BUT you is talking about sony batteries as this is a Nintendo controller recall thread, you are the one that brought it up, and you are the one rehashing it over and over. I never said Sonys batteries are being used by nintendo, I think you are confusing two issues.
This is really getting hilarious... Which part of severity is so difficult for you to understand? They are 2 situations, one real one hypothetical comparing the severity of each. However, you FINALLY understand after about 3 times that no one said there were Sony batteries in the wii remote.

Also no we cant agree that its the same technology, as I believe Sony is smart enough to change some things around after a expensive recall as that, but until I find proff either way, I am going to assume things have changed.
So what you are saying is Sony, is "reinventing the wheel" every time they create a new product? HIGHLY doubtful. If they did that they definitely wouldn't be as smart as you claim. You can't reinvent Lithium Ion technology over and over without incurring a HUGE R&D cost. So a lithium ion battery is just that nothing about it makes it much different from the next. Do you even know WHY the batteries fried? Or is the extent of your knowledge of the battery recall is that "they were burning up". They are smart in the fact that they are not reinventing the same crap over and over. They are smart because they probably fired the engineer that miscalculated the measurements on the CAD drawings that caused the welding machine to crack the cell seals. So yes, things did change until another incompetent engineer messes up again in a different battery manufacturing plant. It's also funny how Sony says only 400k batteries but yet the number that's quoted in this article is 9 million.
Sony battery defect.

Paragraph Number two, I do agree about the cuts and bruises, but I have never ever ever ever seen a story of a burning controller, or exploding controller battery, until you show me a link of where you are getting this info as you stated earlier of a "possible" recall, I just cant believe you, I am sorry.
Possible means didn't happen. A possiblility is an event that COULD happen in the future. No one also said that there were rumors about it. Should I say that three times also?

paragraph #3, Now we are getting to the heart of it, you bash sony because you had a bad experience, well in that case, to HELL with microsoft, JVC, Maytag, Chevy and any other item I bought that broke down.....I went through 4 360's all with random malfunctions, but yet you dont see me bashing microsoft
Maybe you should, they just might fix their sh*t and engineer their products better next time.

so you went through some products, why would you stick with sony for tvs, video game systems and everything else while you knew you didnt like it? also just to let you know, Sony did Fix the Ps2's that had the disk read error for free, you shoud have gotten in on that!
TV is gone when tax refund time comes around. AVR, gone 18 months ago. PS2 collects dust. Did you not read what I wrote? It was going to cost me $150 meaning when it started happening to me when they wern't repairing for free. So I bought a new one then what would be the use of the free repair when it was already junked. Now you were saying I was sticking to Sony garbage? Hardly!

also trust me I am not upset you called HPMan and I friends, just trying to show you you really dont know what you are saying,
And obvoiusly you don't know what your reading nor how to compare the difference between major and minor events.

like how you bring a Laptop battery recall, into a Sony Controller recall,
For the next 3 times (maybe more depending on how well you read this one)...
Lithium ion battery is a lithium ion battery. They make them different sizes and shapes. Companies do not reinvent the technology. If you are building a house are you going to reinvent the lightbulbs to go into it or are you just going to go to home depot and buy some? give me a good reason a company would want to reinvent something they already had? NO ONE said there IS a pending recall... IT WAS A HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION. It is a fact that they are using their own lithium ion battery technology in the controllers. Its another fact that they already had one recall on their laptop lithium ion batteries. The same problem CAN occur in any battery they produce. If it happened once it can happen again.. REMEMBER... Hypothetical situation. Was that 3 times yet?

Its really sad that you are Making up situations to bash Sony....also Let me see the severity of a real situation, or a made up one? hmmm geee let me think, people already hurt because of a remote, or MAYBE people could be hurt, which is worse, I dont know mikley you are in the medical field, you tell me, is a real wound or fake wound worse? Also let me ask you this, if you had a product that you had to recall, wouldnt you maybe change some things about it, you dont have to reinvent the wheel as you put it, but def. clean up your process a little as it cost you I think I heard 200 million, you would just let that go and brush it off as no big deal? I dont think so, and I dont think Sony did either. Also to my comment about you sticking with Sony garbage, I would think after maybe the 2nd item I bought of theirs I didnt like I would try another brand, not, say well, I didnt like the tv, or the audio reciever, but ahh lets get the game system...I would say lets see they bit me once, that was on them, they bit me twice, its kinda falling on me now, but lets go three times so I can complain about how bad their products are, when in reality you might be in the 2-3% of their products failing category? sounds like bad luck with Sony. Now about the Possible thing, when I read someone write their is a possible recall, that sounds like it has been talked about, as really again, the hypothetical stuff could go any which way, so when you say a possible recall, you should really be saying something like a recall that I am making up in my mind right now. And finally your last paragraph about light bulbs and building houses- One good reason for a company to reinvent something, oh gee I dont know- a recall that cost them lots of money, sounds good, but enough of the childs play, you go your way I will go mine, this thread is now filled with garbage of made up situations, Sony bashings, and Lights bulbs not even made yet....have a great day, filled with many dreams of what may come to pass.

Wii Lawsuit Over Strap Issue

PS3 Set up Tech Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)