Why is it called FSN Pittsburgh "2"?

pjm8047

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
syracuse,ny
I live in Syracuse,ny I have FSN Pittsbugh 2 as the RSN. I have two question.Why is it called FSN Pitt 2? Why don't I get FSN NY instead of FOXP2?

It's a mirrored feed for those that lost Empire Sports Net. It has different blackout information than the main pit channel.

As to why they didn't give you FSN-NY and MSG are very good questions. You should get those channels as your region is in the home market for the teams on those channels. But dish is being cheap and not including them as the RSN you receive in your AT package. You'd get the new york teams with the sports pack. Other subscribers have called to complain about this dumb discision and have gotten the sports pack for free out of it, maybe you'll get similiar results.

dragon002 said:
dont believe there is a fox sports new york, i think its called empire sports

dragon

Empire ceased operations permantly 3/7/05
Empire basically closed up shop around the 1st of the year...they had old programming for 2 months

FSNY is a RSN. It has Mets & Islanders

it's worth a shot. I may try it since i'm in the home market for both FSN Midwest as well as FSN North and come March 30, Comcast Chicago will be my RSN on AT120.

e-mail sent!

To Whom it May Concern:

I live in Central Iowa and in a unique situation when it comes to my regional sports network assigned to me, which is going to be Comcast Sports Net Chicago. In addition to being in the "home market" of Comcast Sports Net Chicago, i'm also in the "home market" of Fox Sports Midwest and Fox Sports North. The only way, I can view these networks is to purchase the sports multi-pack, which I have.

My question/comment is that i've seen on internet message boards where people living in different part's of the country, who are in the same situation I am, have contacted Dish Network and have received the sports multi-pack at no charge. Is this something i'm eligible for?

Thank you.

Jason ______
Ankeny, IA

Iceberg said:
e-mail ceo@echostar.com

Explain the situation nicely and leave a contact number. See what happens :)

I'm sure that charlie has had alot of e-mails from people like me.If he gave one person the sports package for free he would give everyone in western new york it too. I live on the border between FSN PITT and MSG. 30 mile to the east of me people get MSG. I will give it a shot and e-mail him.

garn9173 said:
it's worth a shot. I may try it since i'm in the home market for both FSN Midwest as well as FSN North and come March 30, Comcast Chicago will be my RSN on AT120.

e-mail sent!

To Whom it May Concern:

I live in Central Iowa and in a unique situation when it comes to my regional sports network assigned to me, which is going to be Comcast Sports Net Chicago. In addition to being in the "home market" of Comcast Sports Net Chicago, i'm also in the "home market" of Fox Sports Midwest and Fox Sports North. The only way, I can view these networks is to purchase the sports multi-pack, which I have.

My question/comment is that i've seen on internet message boards where people living in different part's of the country, who are in the same situation I am, have contacted Dish Network and have received the sports multi-pack at no charge. Is this something i'm eligible for?

Thank you.

Jason ______
Ankeny, IA
If FSN Chic was your normal RSN, you should have trec'd the multi-sports pack for free until 4/1 when CSN Chic is on Dish.

Once that is up, you would have to pay 5.99 for the sports pack.

The only case I remember is the fsn pit 2 scenerio where with that being the RSN dish is giving them, they get no pro sports teams on it, making it pointless to have, therefore they were able to get the mulitsport since EVERY sports team on FSN Pit2 is blacked out to them

Its official - No YES this year

Best of Chicago Sports now on Dish network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)