Why do I only get 2 hours of local channel program data at a time?

rolandv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Hi everyone, I just got Dish Network this weekend. I have a DVR 522 receiver. My Satellite guide data is fine, but if I go more than 2 hours ahead in the guide for my local channels it says no programming data found. It's like it only goes 2 hours ahead of the current time. Why? Why doesn't it have like even a day or 2 of local channel guide data? Is it just me?

How long has it been doing this? Maybe it does not have the entire EPG data downloaded. Last time I heard the 110 satellite is where the extended EPG data comes from.

Try this,

Turn to one of your local channels. Then push and hold the power button on the front of your 522 for 30seconds. Let go of the power button. This is called a soft reset. Sometimes doing a soft reset will allow your 522 to download missing program guide data. It sometimes seems to take 522's a couple of days to learn to download a full and complete program guide.

cheers.

You do not have to push the power button on the front of the receiver for 30 seconds. About 5 or 6 seconds should do. You will notice a different tint in the screen/the reboot going through when you hold it in long enough. That is the soft reboot. This replaces having to take the card out of the receiver and placing it back in as the soft reboot in the past for those receivers with a smart card. A hard reboot is unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in.

Channel Changes!

An Annoying Problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)