Which Network Series you have given up on this season?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Never watched so I decided not to watch this season: Will & Grace, What I like about you, Reba, Eve, Cuts, Hope & Faith, The West Wing, Crossing Jordan, smallville, Everwood, Girlfriends, half & half, sex love and secrets, Boston Legal, Law & Order

Grey's Anatomy: First time I watched this but was not impressed with it. It was too much to deal with an unstable emotional doctor that could not deal with her "mistake" pregnancy.

Arrested Development: Found the first episode borring and not funny at all and never looked back.

Just Legal: Liked it but it was canceled after three episodes.

Gilmore Girls: I coudn't deal with this one after one episode. Too fictional for me.

The Office: Jokes are too dry for me and the whole concept seems to be too over the top for me.

Lost: I only watch 30 minutes of it now. 15 of commercials are skipped and the other 15 minutes of the side stories are skipped as well.

Both Apprentices: Besides being SD (which I hardly watch) these are not my type. I like Survivor and the Amazing Race.

LOVE, INC: a show about a dating agency which is supposed to know everything about dating? I gave up after one show.

The Bernie Mac Show: I watched first two episodes and they were funny. I decided to pass because I could do something better with my time.

Malcom in the Middle: I watched it on the first season and second season. Now that the kids are grown it does not interest me anymore.

LIVING With FRAN: A divorce mother who is trying to cope with her life after divorce. What else is New? Dropped as well.

Inconceivable: I was looking forward to this one but after the first episode it was inconceivable for me to keep watching it.

Head Cases: Liked it but it was canceled.

Alias: Not a sydney and Vaughn Fan. This is what the show is all about. Can they have someone else doing the mission?

Close to Home: In most Crime shows like Law & Order, Killer Instinct, or any other there is always the mystery factor of the investigative work or the discovery or deposition phase of the case. In this instance, 'Close to Home' fails to deliver the mystery and jumps that phase and immediately you, the audience, will know the punch line of the story and how it will end. There's very little investigative work and very little imagination in the show and the main prosecutor fails to make a convincing story. There are certain characters in all crime shows that have a hack for the 'know' it all and basically give away the story. In other crime shows, one finds these characters in the background and not as lead characters. When the lead character is one of these, leaves the story without any mystery or suspense of what's going to happen. Of course, this is my opinion after watching 4 episodes. I gave up after that. In fact, the 15 min of the actual crime is more interested than how the main character(s) resolve or prosecute.

Related It was too much plastic girls talking on the cell phone for me. 4 sisters and dad trying to take care of his dad. One episode was enough to drop the show for me.

According to Jim: don't like it.

George Lopez: don't like it.

Night Stalker: Liked the show and was hoping to catch up with each episodes but after finding out that ABC canceled it what was the point of watching.

Twins: I was into it. But 5-6 episodes later the topic has become old and melany griffin does not help at all.

These shows are still on my Radar:

Priority 1 (Make an effort to watch weekly and usually watch from DVR)

Survivor
Prison Break
Amazing Race
Threshold
Cold Case
Killer Instinct
One on One
Surface
Kitchen Confidential
Out of Practice
Medium
Bones
Commander-in-Chief
Supernatural
My Name is Earl
Lost
Criminal Minds
Veronica Mars
E-Ring
Invasion
CSI: NY
Everybody Hates Chris
Joey
Reunion
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Ghost Whisperer​

Priority 2 (If I miss it I'll be somewhat upset but not a completly)

Numb3rs

The War at Home
Desperate Housewives
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
The King of Queens
Two and a Half Men
House
NCIS
Still Standing
ER
Without A Trace​

Priority 3 (Only watch if there is nothing better on TV)

Family Guy
American Dad
The Simpsons
Las Vegas
How I met Your Mother
CSI: Miami
Yes, Dear​

Haven't Watched yet

Hot Properties
Rodney​

Try not to miss
NCIS
Cold Case
Survivor
All CSIs (NY being the one I might forget about)
Medium
My Name is Earl
Still Standing
Two and a Half Men

Category 2
Bones
ER
Yes Dear
Joey
Without a Trace
Ghost Whisperer
Las Vegas
Charmed
Law and Order SVU

I have never watched Lost on Network(Sd only ava here), am watching Dvds to catch up (am dvring this season) I do not watch any Abc other than Monday Nite Football. I rarely watch any Fox shows (got out of the habit as I did not get in HD) Nbc I have kept up with ER and watch Joey, Las Vegas and try not to miss Medium and will watch Law and Order SVU as I started watching on UHD... Tried to watch Surface, same with Threshold and I burned out on NUM3ERs last season...

Priority (Make an effort to watch weekly and usually watch from DVR)

Cold Case
Medium
Criminal Minds
E-Ring
Invasion
Night Stalker
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Ghost Whisperer
Two and a Half Men

Sub-Zero Priority (Will avoid these like the Black Death)

Lost (aka Suckfest)
Apprentice (aka The Yawn)
Survivor (aka The Boring & Stupid Show)
My name if Earl (aka My Name is Earl the Idiot)
The Office (aka Earl in an Office of Idiots)
Living with Fran (aka The Voice that will Curdle Milk)

Zero Priority (May watch if Nothing else is on the tube, the dogs teeth have been brushed and I have removed all lint from my sweaters)

Everything Else...

I've already given up on Ghost Whisperer and E-Ring.

I'm hoping that Supernatural, Night Stalker & Reunion don't get cancelled before they get a chance to catch on.

Lost is the only show I'd really be upset about if I missed. But I wouldn't be real pleased to miss Las Vegas or Reunion.

The main show that I've stopped watching is my second favorite show on TV -- Veronica Mars. Unfortunately it airs the same time as my favorite.

And one of these days I will get home from work early enough on a Friday to see if Ghost Whisperer is as good as I suspect it is.

Others that I like:
Gilmore Girls
Cold Case
My Name is Earl
Commander in Chief
One Tree Hill
Medium
Surface
Law & Order SVU

I watch:

Arrested Development
Prison Break
My Name is Earl
The Office
Bones
Lost
Invasion
Alias
Everybody Hates Chris
Threshold

Wow, I haven't watched that much network tv in my life. Damn I'm depressing.

The only show that I really gave up on was Out of Practice

I'm also not watching Bernie Mac or Malcolm in the Middle this season because of Ghost Whisperer

Gave up on:
Commander In Chief
Numb3rs
Inconceivable
Grey's Anatomy

Must see TV:
Surface
House
Lost
Invasion
Survivor
Apprentice
CSI
Without A Trace
Ghost Wisperer
Threshold

Usually see TV
Two and a Half Men
CSI Miami
L&O SVU

shows I Watch
Prison Break
As much Football as possible
South Park
Kink of Queens
According to Jim
Ghost Wisperer
ER
Grey's Anatomy
my name is Earl ( I don't know why I like this show)
Family Guy

Avoid Like The Plague
Survivor (Really hate that show, wish they would cancel)
That 70's show
Anything that has to do with CSI
Anthing that has to do with some sort of Apprentice
Lost

Shows I got sick of

Numb3rs
House
Simpsons
Commander in chief (only seen two episodes and already sick of it)
Nanny 911 (watching other peoples unruly kids just don't appeal to me)

Shows that I like but conflict with other shows I watch.

Extreme Makeover home edition
Wife Swap

wow you're missing out on some great tv from your avoided list....

the only thing I can agree with is Apprentice

I don't like CSI simply just because their method of solving cases is just plain laughable. I mean come on their main crime fighting tool is a black light. Not too mention every episode seems to be the same.

Lost... Waaaaay to many flash backs for my taste.

Survivor ... do I really need to defend my choice on this... enough is enough
how about a survivor -the hood edition... now that's a survivor I might watch.

Sun:
Cold Case
Law and Order CI
Crossing Jordan
Grey's Anatomy

Mon:
Medium
CSI Miami

Tue:
NCIS
Law and Order SVU
Supernatural

Wed:
Lost
E-Ring
Law and Order
CSI NY

Thur:
CSI
Without a Trace
ER

Fri:
Ghost Whisperer
Threshold

Catch if I can:
Bones
Invasion
Rome
Over There
Nip/Tuck

Gave up on:
Simpsons
West Wing
That 70's show

Would'nt watch if you paid me:
So called "reality TV" of any kind
Fake wrestling

NightRyder

bpickell said:
Survivor ... do I really need to defend my choice on this... enough is enough

Hey, my wife won't let me watch HDNet's Bikini Destinations, but she does let me watch Stephanie in a bikini or less on Survivor. I'll put up with the tripe for that viewing pleasure. Besides, the wife and I get a friendly bet going each week as to who will booted that week.

The only show I've given up this season is "Head Cases" when it was cancelled.

Priority 1 (Make an effort to watch weekly and usually watch from DVR) (In order of day of the week, not priority)

Desperate Housewives
Arrested Development
Kitchen Confidential
Surface
How I Met Your Mother (I have them on HD-TiVo, but haven't watched any)
Bones
House
My Name Is Earl
Still Standing
Lost
Invasion (I have all the episodes on HD-TiVo, plan on watching them this week!)
Veronica Mars
Joey
Alias
Night Stalker
Reunion
CSI
Threshold
Ghost Whisperer​

Priority 2 (If I miss it I'll be somewhat upset but not a completly)

King Of The Hill
The Simpsons
The King Of Queens
Las Vegas
Medium
According To Jim
Close To Home (Have it on HD-TiVo, have not watched it yet!)
George Lopez
Freddie (OK, it hasn't been on yet, but I'm looking forward to it!)
The O.C.
Saturday Night Live​

Priority 3 (Only watch if there is nothing better on TV)

The War At Home
Two And A Half Men
Rodney
CSI: NY
Malcolm In The Middle
Hope And Faith​

WB Shows That I Have To Watch On DVD Or In Syndication Due To Not Having Access To A WB Affiliate

Charmed
7th Heaven
Gilmore Girls
Supernatural (OK, I just WANT to be able to watch this show)
Smallville
Reba
What I Like About You​

I DO NOT/WILL NOT WATCH A REALITY SHOW (other than "American Idol")!!

~Alan

Carl B said:
Hey, my wife won't let me watch HDNet's Bikini Destinations, but she does let me watch Stephanie in a bikini or less on Survivor. I'll put up with the tripe for that viewing pleasure. Besides, the wife and I get a friendly bet going each week as to who will booted that week.

I'm sorry but my idea of pleasure is most definately not looking at a girl in a bikini that hasn't shaved or showered for a month.

bpickell said:
Lost... Waaaaay to many flash backs for my taste.

Glad I am not the only one with the flash backs on LOST. Between them and the commercial it takes half hour of the real story. So there is only half hour of the LOST story on each episode. This half hour is the only thing that has kept me watching. :)

Since last I wrote... I have dropped the following:

Close to Home: In most Crime shows like Law & Order, Killer Instinct, or any other there is always the mystery factor of the investigative work or the discovery or deposition phase of the case. In this instance, 'Close to Home' fails to deliver the mystery and jumps that phase and immediately you, the audience, will know the punch line of the story and how it will end. There's very little investigative work and very little imagination in the show and the main prosecutor fails to make a convincing story. There are certain characters in all crime shows that have a hack for the 'know' it all and basically give away the story. In other crime shows, one finds these characters in the background and not as lead characters. When the lead character is one of these, leaves the story without any mystery or suspense of what's going to happen. Of course, this is my opinion after watching 4 episodes. I gave up after that. In fact, the 15 min of the actual crime is more interested than how the main character(s) resolve or prosecute.

Related It was too much plastic girls talking on the cell phone for me. 4 sisters and dad trying to take care of his dad. One episode was enough to drop the show for me.

According to Jim: don't like it.

George Lopez: don't like it.

Night Stalker: Liked the show and was hoping to catch up with each episodes but after finding out that ABC canceled it what was the point of watching.

Twins: I was into it. But 5-6 episodes later the topic has become old and melany griffin does not help at all.

PTC Files Indecency Complaint Over 'NCIS'

Wednesday 11/16 Broadcast Network HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts