Where is your dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anyone have a pic of the new AT9 dish mounted on their roof? I need to turn in a request for my HOA (already have the oval w/3LNB's) but need to be prepaired for the upgrade sometime by the end of the year.
HOA's are sometimes a pain in the arse (got written up for my water hose left one day laying across my driveway)...

Barney

My 5LNB dish is mounted on the gable of the house, about 18 feet off of the ground. I had anticipated that it would be mounted in the same place as my old round dish, but the installer couldn't get a line of sight for all sats. So he had to move it over about 10 feet. He actually did a nice install, considering it was cold and dark outside. He didn't show up for the install until about 6:30, and worked till almost 11:00 PM getting it set up.

How about this one that I installed in December?

Attachments

• apart5.jpg
    apart5.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 176
Barney said:
Anyone have a pic of the new AT9 dish mounted on their roof? I need to turn in a request for my HOA (already have the oval w/3LNB's) but need to be prepaired for the upgrade sometime by the end of the year.
HOA's are sometimes a pain in the arse (got written up for my water hose left one day laying across my driveway)...

Barney

I have another one to do tommorrow. I will take a pic for you.

Prime star dish modified with dtv dual lnb on pole. Also had 2 direcway dishes on pole's "one was working when I had direcway and the other is a test I used with modems and radio arms and such."

My Phase III is on a pole next to my carport. My OTA antenna is just above it, lying on top of the carport. It works best there!

Pole mounted triple LNB near the SW corner of my house. Previous owners had 2 E* dishes mounted here and the D* installer simply took them down and put the D* dish up.

Barney said:

Barney

The people across the street are trying to get a HOA in here (a new sub with 39 houses). He is the developer doing the next phase. I went to these meetings thinking I would be the only dissenter, being one of the youngest (31) homeowners. They finally came to my house with their petition, like it was no big deal. They had 24 sigs. They did not get mine. They never will. This is America, a country I served in the military for, and I refuse to give up any more of my constitutional rights, especially after the hissy fit the old bastards threw when my down the street neighbor put up a basketball goal for her kids.

Fortunately, I got in before they even had covenants here. We were shown a copy of the planned ones (to be copied from another developement), but we never signed anything. The covenants restrict fencing to the wood privacy types. Problem is, we are in the delta region on the mississippi, meaning it is flat and windy, which wrecks those fences. We will install a tasteful wrought iron or aluminum fence someday. I hold out hope that my neighbors will get a fence of their own, to cut down on my cost. :devil:

My dish is eave mounted on the corner of the eave where the roof transitions from east/west over the garage/bonus room to North/south over the main part of the house. I chose my location for ease of grounding.

Eric Goempel said:
Mine is... well check the link below \/ \/ \/

Thanks guys...........Eric....I also copied/pasted the pic with your dog over at S&V forum so a member could see what the dish looks like (he's suppost to be upgraded around April).
Don't want to get into a debate about HOA's.......but now I don't have "ladies of the night doing their job in front of my house.....or behind a dumpster across the street.....;)

Barney

All HOA's are not so bad.

The covenant were I am fixing to build my house states.

1. All dwelling constructed shall have a minimum of 1600 square feet heated living space, not including carports, garages or storage facilities.

2. No metal building or storage sheds permitted unless the same are constructed in a way not to distract from neighbors property.

3. Just about easement for property.

4. No mobile homes or temporary homes of any type will be permitted.

5. No abandoned vehicle shall be left on any property or on the streets thereof.

6. Telling how the home shall be located on the lot.

7. No illegal, obnoxious or offensive activity shall be carried on upon any lot nor shall be done thereon which may be or become an annoyance to the neighborhood.

Barney said:
Thanks guys...........Eric....I also copied/pasted the pic with your dog over at S&V forum so a member could see what the dish looks like (he's suppost to be upgraded around April).
Don't want to get into a debate about HOA's.......but now I don't have "ladies of the night doing their job in front of my house.....or behind a dumpster across the street.....;)

Barney

Barney

That is the reason I posted them!
BTW my dogs name is shadow and she has her own page on my family site www.goempel.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help with recording issue please

Will H20 work with Non HD TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)