What exactly is the difference between a DPP LNB & DP LNB?

Altaman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
Can one of you real smart souls out there tell me what the difference is between a DP LNB and a DPP LNB?

I am looking into getting a DPP44 switch to use to connect a 311, 510, 811 and a HD-PVR and have one cable run to the HD-PVR! I can get a used DP Quad used for less money than a DPP Twin and if that will cure all my needs with the DPP44, well then...

Alt

Even with a DPP44 switch and the DP Quad LNB? I didn't think so but the person wanting to sell me the Quad stated it would.

Alt

Yes you can use a DPP44 switch with your DP Quad for what you want.

Port 1 and 2 of Quad will go into the DPP44 then you'll have 4 Out puts on the DPP44 and 2 left on the Quad. For The 921 with one cable obviously you'll need to hook it inot the DPP44 with one cable and then also have a seperator available at the receiver.

BFG said:
Yes you can use a DPP44 switch with your DP Quad for what you want.

Port 1 and 2 of Quad will go into the DPP44 then you'll have 4 Out puts on the DPP44 and 2 left on the Quad. For The 921 with one cable obviously you'll need to hook it inot the DPP44 with one cable and then also have a seperator available at the receiver.

I tried a DP Quad with a DPP44 and had polirity issues. Switiched to a twin and all is well again.

DishPro Plus refers to capabilities of a switch, not an LNB. DPP switches must be connected to DP LNBs or integrated in the case of the DPP Twin. One part of Plus is the ability, as BFG said in post #4, to feed both inputs of a dual tuner receiver from a single run of RG6. The other is that legacy receivers may be connected directly w/o the need for an adapter as long as a DP receiver is connected to output 1.

Don't confuse the DPPlus Twin with the regular DP Twin.

The standard setup is DP Twin to ports 1 & 2 of a DPP44.

No advantage to using a DPPlus Twin - and it may not even work.

DP Quad should work with DPP44, but some folks report trouble with it.

Getting HD

921 Costco installs low on priority list?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)