What equiptment do I need for new customer

duckbutter48

Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
WV
I am getting ready to sign up for Dish. I have 2 HD TVs that I want DVR service for and one SD tv that I rarely watch but need a regular receiver to operate.

What should I be asking for when I call? I currently have Direct and just purchased the 2nd HD TV but dont want to pay the hundred bucks for someone to come out and hook up whole home DVR service. Thats not only reason I am switching but part of it.

This my 1st post here so hello to everyone and go easy if I asked an obvious and foolish question. thx

I am getting ready to sign up for Dish. I have 2 HD TVs that I want DVR service for and one SD tv that I rarely watch but need a regular receiver to operate.

Ok so you want DVR and HD on both HD TV's.. so you need to ask for Two 612's, and one regular box which most likely they will just set you up with a 211k which is a HD box but it won't matter and will give you the future option so if you change that TV out you will be all set to go. When the tech comes out you will have to have one line run from each location to where the sat will be located so keep that in mind if you wish to help the tech out and make things easier by having some holes ready or whatever.

I'd go a slightly different route a 722K use TV1 for HD and TV2 for SD. A 211K for the second HDTV with a stand alone hard drive for DVR Main receiver only has DVR fee and 211 is $7 additional.

I recommend a 722K for one HDTV and the SDTV and a 211 with EHD for the other HDTV.

Alternatively a 722k and a 612, but the 612 is widely believed to be a bit buggy.

Can I split cable for a dual tuner PVR

Problem with sound WS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)