What channel list editor to use on Coolsat 5000?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
OK now that I have the Coolsat up and running (review in reviews section) what channel list editor do you use?

I have Channelmaster (I think thats what it is) but when I try to upload the list from the receiver, Coolsat isn't an option ( unless I have an old version)

Will G-Tools work?

Basically dont want to have to rename all my G10 channels and alot say "TV 1 12111 H AMC3" or the like :)

Also, does anyone have the link to Channelmasters site?

You have to use the Coolsat loader to upload from stb then edit with Channel Master.

TreDEE said:
You have to use the Coolsat loader to upload from stb then edit with Channel Master.

please 'splain.

Can I use Channelmaster straight from the unit or do I need to dump it into another file first

And whats this NDF thing?
(sorry this sounds weird...my Pansat & Digiwave can use this directly)

Iceberg if you want I can send you the Coolsat loader and NDFedit if youd like? I cant figure out why is not on their site anymore. When I had my Coolsat I would use the Coolat loader to pull the channel info from the stb and dump it into an ndf file which Channel Master can read without any conversion. I would edit all the info in Channel Master and save it then use the Coolsat loader to upload to the stb without any problems.

Do a search on google for coolsat pro loader. You will have to use this to save a copy of your channel lists and then edit with Channel Master. You will also have to use this to upgrade your box with any factory upgrades.

Iceberg said:
where do you get that?
The Coolsat site?
All these channel editors seem to have their roots in the 'steal tv' side. I did some poking around on google and finally found it just as a file available for download without the hack firmware and without registering and on yet another forum. I have the files on my laptop at home. I'll attach it here when I get home.
Shawn

I think I have the loader at home still from the 4000...I'll have to poke around at home and see what I still have

basically I want to make sure the channel rename thing works before I kill 1/2 a day logging in all satellites and stuff :)

I had an old version for the 4000...was able to upload what I had scanned in when I did the review and just monkeyed around with it

It loads into a NDF file and channelmaster opens it...changed the names and saved back to NDF and sent to receiver

voila...channel names changed :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Experts help Traxis 4500 with Dish 1000

Dishnetwork attena Question??????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)