Watch ESPN

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
With the start of the SEC Network, there hasn't been much posted on Directv getting with the program and giving us Watch ESPN. Scott or anyone else have any updates ?

Disney/ESPN doesn't add these services mid contract to the providers. I read somewhere that we have to wait till Directv renews their contract with ESPN(Disney) before we get WatchESPN, which I've heard is not before the end of this year into early next year, but i could be wrong.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'll accept that, but it does seem suspicious that all the recent adds would have contracts that expire at the same time.

Disney/ESPN doesn't add these services mid contract to the providers. I read somewhere that we have to wait till Directv renews their contract with ESPN(Disney) before we get WatchESPN, which I've heard is not before the end of this year into early next year, but i could be wrong.
Over at the The 506 Sports forum I have seen an expiration date thrown around of 9/30/14, but DISH and Disney continued several months after theirs expired since negotiations were going well. I would expect DirecTV and Disney to do the same if negotiations behind the scenes are going well; it could very well be early next year before they announce a new deal. It's common for each party to offer extensions when negotiations are going good that is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NFL Season ticket on a laptop?

Houston locals Transponders?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts