Warrenty

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Does anybody know of any reason why I should have warranty coverage on a leased 622.
After the year is up and it bellies up are they going to let me just drop out if I do not want to pay for a replacement.
I suppose it could happen but doesn;t seem practical.

Some things I've read here on this forum:

1. If you don't have warrantee coverage (Dish Protection Plan a.k.a. DPP) on a leased reciever, you only have to pay shipping to get a broken reciever replaced (about $15).

2. You can add coverage "on the fly". That is, if your reciever breaks, you can just call and sign up for coverage, the call right back and report a defective receiver and it will be covered (no shipping or any other charges).

I just cancelled DPP about a month ago, and shortly there after fell victum to the 622 HDMI problem. Using component for now and I haven't called for a replacement yet (got too much stuff recorded I need to catch up on) - but I am curious to know if the above statements are indeed true and will apply to the 622 also.

Last edited:
jdr01930 said:
Some things I've read here on this forum:

1. If you don't have warrantee coverage (Dish Protection Plan a.k.a. DPP) on a leased reciever, you only have to pay shipping to get a broken reciever replaced (about $15).

2. You can add coverage "on the fly". That is, if your reciever breaks, you can just call and sign up for coverage, the call right back and report a defective receiver and it will be covered (no shipping or any other charges).

I just cancelled DPP about a month ago, and shortly there after fell victum to the 622 HDMI problem. Using component for now and I haven't called for a replacement yet (got too much stuff recorded I need to catch up on) - but I am curious to know if the above statements are indeed true and will apply to the 622 also.

Let us know if you get your warrenty back and free postage etc.

I don't have the warranty and every time any of my receivers went down they replaced them. They tried to charge shipping, but I always talked them into doing it for free. Just mention how much you spend on your monthly programming and other options in your area.

The warranty also does not cover pocket dish.

It can be valuable if the dish itself has a problem, or you need a repoint due to weather, etc. Then you can get a service call for around $20 instead of $80 or so.

Fish tape vs. fiberglass fish rods for DIY cable installation??

COX Anti Dish DVR AD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)