Wally W580 update --- bad!

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
My Wallys updated to W580 and what a mess. The trick plays are back to jumping back 30 instead of 10 seconds, in the guide it won't change to any channel I select until the guide info finally pops up and that can take several seconds, sometimes when I hit the Info button on the remote the "Time Remaining" stays at "0" no matter how much time is left in the show, and then there's this; we're watching a show tonight and as it's getting to the end the screen suddenly goes black and this pops on the screen. All told we lost almost 15 minutes of the shows ending. What the heck is going on with these software updates? Isn't anyone testing anything anymore?

IMG_20240902_192855.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: HipKat
My Wallys updated to W580 and what a mess. The trick plays are back to jumping back 30 instead of 10 seconds, in the guide it won't change to any channel I select until the guide info finally pops up and that can take several seconds, sometimes when I hit the Info button on the remote the "Time Remaining" stays at "0" no matter how much time is left in the show, and then there's this; we're watching a show tonight and as it's getting to the end the screen suddenly goes black and this pops on the screen. All told we lost almost 15 minutes of the shows ending. What the heck is going on with these software updates? Isn't anyone testing anything anymore?

View attachment 174125

Can you do a cold restart like older VIP receivers, that sounds like the update did not take correctly and why you got the reboot message. (Maybe the reboot will fix it)

The best thing to happen is DISH ending support for the VIP receivers. I dreaded updates now it works great to this day with no update for years and years.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Can you do a cold restart like older VIP receivers, that sounds like the update did not take correctly and why you got the reboot message. (Maybe the reboot will fix it)

The best thing to happen is DISH ending support for the VIP receivers. I dreaded updates now it works great to this day with no update for years and years.
Already tried that, didn't fix any of the issues.

View attachment 174125
My brother got this message yesterday on his Hopper 3.

2024 Fall college sports - streaming or DISH?

Picture Quality on Game Day