vip625

excableguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2006
I'm under the impression that if I have 4 tv's, and got the vip625, I could plug into the house' coax wiring from cable and one at a time, could use my other 3 tvs.
Is that right, anybody? I'd like to knock off any $ on the system that I can, using HD for 1 tv and forget getting 3 other sd receivers.

Do you mean the DishPlayer 625 or the vip622...either one should work the same, I have the DP625 myself, and yes you can use the TV2 output to send out a cable compatible signal, I believe the default is channel 60, and if you have standard cable splitters you should be able to watch that signal on all 3 TV's, the only caveat being that if you change channels on the TV2 output it changes all 3 TV's they won't be independant.

vip622

I meant to say vip622, thanks. The only problem is that one of the other 3 tvs is actually a 37" plasma that has a great sd picture.

Any way, the main reason I'm switching to Dish is that they have the MSG channel and our cable TWC, does not.

I'm a big fan of the Buffalo Sabres, and understand that I can get the secondary feed from MSG that covers the Sabres games.

Anyone know if indeed this is true? I'm from the Millcreek, PA area. Also, why is there the need for a phone line to be connected? They say I also need telephone ID on my line. Why is that?

Chances are the Sabers may be blacked out in your area if it is not part of your area regional sports net. You may be better suited to get the NHL's Center Ice which allows you to subscribe to out of market games. You do not need to connect the phone line to the receiver, but you will eventually be charged and additonal tuner fee if you don't. There are many posts on this site with people's thoughts as to why.

Checked on the Center Ice package---Sabres are our local team and thus would be blacked out. Sabres' front office say the secondary feed would work from MSG, but I'm just not sure it would work in PA.

excableguy said:
Checked on the Center Ice package---Sabres are our local team and thus would be blacked out. Sabres' front office say the secondary feed would work from MSG, but I'm just not sure it would work in PA.

If they are your local team, then yes the Sabres would be blacked out on NHL Centre Ice package for you.
However the MSG secondary feed covers the Sabres games along with some from the Versus channel (VS). I think it is channel 151.

A complete TV schedule for the Sabres can be found by googling -

ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/buf/schedule

Dish on Demand

625 software Problems?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)