VIP622 TV2 not working

andreny

Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
New York
Hi,
Actually not a VIP622 but a Bell 9242 which are the same receiver. I've posted my problem in the Bell 9242 forum in Canada but no solution so far. So, I'm asking my US friends for a solution. Here's the problem. We had a power outage that lasted a few minutes last week. Now, I can't access the TV2 with the remote ( have three of them on TV2 and they were all working prior the power outage). I do have a picture on TV2. If I go to system info., no problem changing the remote address on TV1 but if I use TV2 remote to change the address for TV2, remote has effect (did tried all three remote). I do hold sat button until all mode flashes then input a address, press #, sat button flashes three time to acknowledge the change then press record however the new address doesn't appear on TV2 sys. info. Power reset and factory default (many times) didn't solved the issue.
If I put the receiver in mode one, TV2 does show the channel form TV1 and if the return to mode 2, channel is still there on TV2 but again no control with the remote.
So, am I missing something or somehow a lock receiver on TV2. Did phoned Bell CS but well you know....
Thanks.

It sounds like the UHF receiver for the TV2 remote went bad.
Yeah it does, unless in solo mode one of the TV2 remotes worked to change the channel sent out both TV1 and TV2...
If I put the receiver in mode one, TV2 does show the channel form TV1 and if the return to mode 2, channel is still there on TV2 but again no control with the remote.
Andreny, are you using IR-only remote on TV1? This is really hazy, but IIRC there is a setting that allows the TV1 input to accept either an IR remote or a UHF remote. To use that setting, you need to select something other than channel 1 which again IIRC is what both the UHF remotes and the IR remotes are set to by default.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Hopper 382