VIP622 TV2 not working

andreny

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
New York
Hi,
Actually not a VIP622 but a Bell 9242 which are the same receiver. I've posted my problem in the Bell 9242 forum in Canada but no solution so far. So, I'm asking my US friends for a solution. Here's the problem. We had a power outage that lasted a few minutes last week. Now, I can't access the TV2 with the remote ( have three of them on TV2 and they were all working prior the power outage). I do have a picture on TV2. If I go to system info., no problem changing the remote address on TV1 but if I use TV2 remote to change the address for TV2, remote has effect (did tried all three remote). I do hold sat button until all mode flashes then input a address, press #, sat button flashes three time to acknowledge the change then press record however the new address doesn't appear on TV2 sys. info. Power reset and factory default (many times) didn't solved the issue.
If I put the receiver in mode one, TV2 does show the channel form TV1 and if the return to mode 2, channel is still there on TV2 but again no control with the remote.
So, am I missing something or somehow a lock receiver on TV2. Did phoned Bell CS but well you know....
Thanks.

It sounds like the UHF receiver for the TV2 remote went bad.
Yeah it does, unless in solo mode one of the TV2 remotes worked to change the channel sent out both TV1 and TV2...
If I put the receiver in mode one, TV2 does show the channel form TV1 and if the return to mode 2, channel is still there on TV2 but again no control with the remote.
Andreny, are you using IR-only remote on TV1? This is really hazy, but IIRC there is a setting that allows the TV1 input to accept either an IR remote or a UHF remote. To use that setting, you need to select something other than channel 1 which again IIRC is what both the UHF remotes and the IR remotes are set to by default.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah it does, unless in solo mode one of the TV2 remotes worked to change the channel sent out both TV1 and TV2...

Andreny, are you using IR-only remote on TV1? This is really hazy, but IIRC there is a setting that allows the TV1 input to accept either an IR remote or a UHF remote. To use that setting, you need to select something other than channel 1 which again IIRC is what both the UHF remotes and the IR remotes are set to by default.
Thanks DishDude & TheKrell, me too got the feeling that the TV2 UHF receiver is defective. This morning I put the rx. in mode 1. Check the address on the TV2 remote with flash then ##, does show address 1, same as sys.info but doesn't work. Got a new/old 6.4 remote (I was using 20.1) but no go. For last resort, knowing that it wouldn't solve the issue, I re-format the HDD, when I get to the screen dump window, I get "corrupted non-volatile memory" and to power reset the rx. Power reset done, same mesg. re-appear. I guess time to go shopping for a new receiver. Thanks again for your help.

I guess time to go shopping for a new receiver.
Yeah, I still have my old 722; it served me well for many years. I'd give it to you but I already learned the hard way (Canadian version of a Dish 111) that you can't swap receivers from here to Bell and have it work.

So, does Bell have the equivalent to an H3?

So, does Bell have the equivalent to an H3?
Nope
They have a "whole home" PVR but it only records two things at a time as its a dual tuner. You would need two units in reality for a whole home tuner ;)
Dual tuner: watch a recorded show as you record two more - expandable to four simultaneous recordings when you add a second Whole Home PVR

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks DishDude & TheKrell, me too got the feeling that the TV2 UHF receiver is defective. This morning I put the rx. in mode 1. Check the address on the TV2 remote with flash then ##, does show address 1, same as sys.info but doesn't work. Got a new/old 6.4 remote (I was using 20.1) but no go. For last resort, knowing that it wouldn't solve the issue, I re-format the HDD, when I get to the screen dump window, I get "corrupted non-volatile memory" and to power reset the rx. Power reset done, same mesg. re-appear. I guess time to go shopping for a new receiver. Thanks again for your help.

If you have a donor receiver, I believe the UHF receiver on these is still a separate board that just bolts to the case by the f connector for the remote antenna and plugs into the main board with a ribbon cable. It's been a while since I was inside a ViP.

Can't watch recordings day they are recorded