VIP211k acting crazy, is it just me?

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Never mind. I figured it out. The stupid 1,000 file limitation.

What a poor design. This is 2013. The operating system of the tuner is Linux, the disk is formatted as EXT3. There is no excuse at all for this stupid, stupid, short sighted limitation.
Also, the 2tb limitation is pretty pathetic. The tuner doesn't boot from the EHD so 3tb isn't a problem.

Come on dish, it's a new century. Get with the program !!

Last edited:
You know you can attach a different 2TB drive without losing your programs on the first, right?

I won't ask why you've reached the 1000 file limit. I've seen that hoarders show before. :D

Never mind. I figured it out. The stupid 1,000 file limitation.

What a poor design. This is 2013. The operating system of the tuner is Linux, the disk is formatted as EXT3. There is no excuse at all for this stupid, stupid, short sighted limitation.
Also, the 2tb limitation is pretty pathetic. The tuner doesn't boot from the EHD so 3tb isn't a problem.

Come on dish, it's a new century. Get with the program !!

You act as if recording 1000 shows and needing a 3TB HD is the normal now days.

Just remember when your drive fails the bigger it is the more files you will lose.

It pained me when I have lost several hundred shows. I can't imagine what your pain will be when you lose a 1,000.

Just remember when your drive fails the bigger it is the more files you will lose.

It pained me when I have lost several hundred shows. I can't imagine what your pain will be when you lose a 1,000.
Trust me, she'll make it OUR pain.

Noob questions about install

How to Change my DISH Account Name ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts