VIP 722 Firmare -- new menus this morning

samalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Waco, Texas
Looks like my VIP 722 (not K) was updated last night because the DVR menu is now changed with lots of new options (Dish Cinema, TV Shows, Midnight Lounge, etc). I didn't check the version number, but could this be the update seen on the 722K's now rolling out to the 722's?

This evening I'll see what the firmware version is and send some screenshots.

Sam

Looks like my VIP 722 (not K) was updated last night because the DVR menu is now changed with lots of new options (Dish Cinema, TV Shows, Midnight Lounge, etc). I didn't check the version number, but could this be the update seen on the 722K's now rolling out to the 722's?

Sam

sure sounds like it, woohoo, cant wait it check it out

Sam

No change that I can see on my 722.

I'm sure they'll spread it out over weeks, so as to limit calls if there's a problem. I wonder what percent of boxes gets it the first night of roll out? 2%? Anybody know?

The biggest operational change is that it now makes DishONLINE much easier to use and find the TV shows and movies and other on-line content to download.

Sam

Are you talking about the program guide menu (accessed by pressing "guide" button on remote) or Dish's main menu??

Hopefully it doesn't destabilize the 722 and 622 the way it did the 722k.

I was hoping the same, but last night when I was trying to manage some of "My Media" on an external hard drive, I was really having problems. The "Stop" button wouldn't work while trying to watch a movie from the EHD. I ended up fast-forwarding to the end and then the movie would quit and go back to the menu. When I selected some movies to delete from the EHD, it acted like it was deleting them and bounce back to the top of the list. But as I scrolled back down, the movies were still there and the available space on the EHD did not change. I tried several times and it still wouldn't work. Finally gave up. I'll try a re-boot tonight and see if that helps. We'll see!

1000.2 --129 settings

508 lost all its timers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)