Very very strange set-up Problem

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
OK guys, this is a strange one. I'm trying to solve a problem with my set-up for tailgating. For the first couple games this year I took my 322 to the tailgate with a spare Dish 500 (with a DPP Twin) that I have. Everything worked perfectly. I ran two TVs with no issues. Last week we decided that we needed 3 TVs so I also brought my 942 along.
Problem:
I set up the Dish and found the 110 and 119 satellites no problem (using the 322). I added the 942 to the second output of the Dish and it would only pick up 1 of the two satellites and it kept telling me I had a problem with the switch. I disconnected the 322 and used the same lines and DPP Separator that was on the 322 and it still had the same issue. I then cleared out the switches by removing everything and running a check switch again. Tried reconnecting and still the 942 has a switch error and only receives 1 of the 2 satellites (sometimes switching back and forth on which one it receives). Plugged the 322 back in and all is well with it (receiving both satellites on either of the outputs from the Dish).
At this point I'm assuming that there is a problem with the LNBF so I give up.
Fast forward to today. I just picked up a brand new DPP Twin and set everything up at home. Exact same issue as before. I can get anything I want on the 322, but only 1 satellite at a time on the 942. When I run a check switch it says:
Satellite input 1: port 1
Satellite: 119
Trans OK
Device Twin
Status Reception Verified
Switch DPP Twin

Satellite input 2
Port 1
Satellite 119
Trans X (red)
Device Twin
Status Recption ERROR
Switch DPP Twin

Anyone have any ideas?

By the way, I should add that at home I have a Dish 1000 and when I brought the 942 back from the tailgate, I plugged it in, ran a check switch and all worked perfectly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry. I had a problem exactly like this, but with a 625. I went through 4 LNB's, all right out of the box. I tried 3 different 625's. Same problem. A 311 and a 322 both worked fine on this same line but I could not get a good check switch result on the 625. I went back to this house the next day, tried it again , doing absolutely nothing different, and voila! it worked.

You got me. This has happened to me twice in the last two months, both times it was with a 625. It is very aggrivating having to trouble shoot one of my own new connects.

EDIT- I did have the thought that maybe the receiver just needed to be unplugged for a bit after the lnb reset. But the second time this happened I did leave it for a couple of hours while I did another job. No dice. Now I'm thinking that there are some faulty DPP twins out there. I've noticed problems with the newer, thicker ones. Other than that it's just another one of those mysteries.

Last edited:
Yeah, I tried two cables and the 942 doesn't like that either, it finds 110 on satellite 1 and 119 on satellite 2, but will not let me exit out of the check switch screen saying that I have a switch error and cannot continue until the problem is resolved. Very very confused.

What about using a 311 for the 3rd TV set?

I hook up one 322 and one 311 to Dish 500 using a DPP twin all the time without problems.

Help wanted with equipment selection...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)