Upgrade to Choice Extra and Get EI for free?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
I got a call for Direct and they offered me Choice Extra (an extra $5.50/month) and if I take it I would have received EI for free. He said I can cancel after the baseball season if I wanted to. I ended up turning it down because I would lose my grandfathered package and I get MLB.TV on my PS3 anyway.

I currently have Total Choice + which is the same exact package. Why would it be $5.50 more if the price difference is only $1.50?

Last edited:
I got a call for Direct and they offered me Choice Extra (an extra $5.50/month) and if I take it I would have received EI for free. He said I can cancel after the baseball season if I wanted to. I ended up turning it down because I would lose my grandfathered package and I get MLB.TV on my PS3 anyway.

I currently have Total Choice + which is the same exact package. Why would it be $5.50 more if the price difference is only $1.50?

Directv seems to be really pushing to add and/or upgrade subs. They are also offering new subs free NFLST (this year or next year if the don't play this year), plus the regular $30-35 off programing packages for a month for a year, free hd-dvr and hd-box, with extra hd boxes only $49. Plus a local retailer will guarantee the type of equipment they will install for you too. They are very tempting right now, I am just waiting to find out whats gonna go down on the NFL.

I will call them back today and see if they are willing to give me the same offer. I was a little confused over what they were offering because they told me my base package would only be $5.50 more when in reality it is $1.50 more

Also, according to the website TC+ gets 185 channels and Choice Extra gets 210. When I look through the printout guide the channels are all the same.

The compare TV Packages on their website is not accurate at all. They include channels that do not exist and state that many of the channels I am currently getting are not included in my package.

Last year legacy packages increased $1.50 more than current ones. I would expect the same this coming Feb 2012, which would make legacy packages cost the exact same as the current ones. If they offer you anything, might as well jump.

Last year legacy packages increased $1.50 more than current ones. I would expect the same this coming Feb 2012, which would make legacy packages cost the exact same as the current ones. If they offer you anything, might as well jump.
I am going to do it. I just want to make sure they will not put me under another 2 year contract to make this deal

Called them back and got the deal. Free Extra Inning for the remainder of the season and free Starz and Showtime for 3 months.

Now I basically paid for MLB.TV at $100/season and can now watch games on DirecTV, my PS3, my iPad, any computer, and my iPhone. Sweet deal if you ask me

I am glad I canceled EI for the year. Would not have received this deal if I was currently paying for it

DirecTV could not give me the deal as the discounts are not in their system. I can only get the deal through the company that called me. DirecTV did confirm that everything was legit

Directv seems to be really pushing to add and/or upgrade subs.

when I called to "move" the guy I spoke with mentioned the protection plan and said that D* is really pushing the info to the customers trying to get folks to sign up. But at least he wasn't "hardcore" like some reps can be if you say no

Cannot get a hold of the company that offered me the deal using the number DirecTV gave me. I just get a message stating to leave my number and they will get back to me ASAP. Man, I should have taken the deal when they called

Also, according to the website TC+ gets 185 channels and Choice Extra gets 210. When I look through the printout guide the channels are all the same.

The compare TV Packages on their website is not accurate at all. They include channels that do not exist and state that many of the channels I am currently getting are not included in my package.

I've noticed this too, I've had discussions about moving up from the TC+ to the Choice+ as well.
When we discuss the difference in channels, they usually name on and I say, I already get that, even though thier records say that I don't, meaning thier comparison between packages is wrong.

Still can't get a hold of them. Damn, I wish I would have taken it when they called.

I took this same deal in 2010 season, The credits took forever to receive, and many phone call to get them!

Its a good deal, But I would rather just pay the $180 then deal with the credits mess again.

Its some 3rd party promo, its legit, it justs make it tough for D* themselves to issue the proper credits, like they would if you were dealing directly with them.

Directv would not give you an instant credit! it was 15-30 day wait and see process, that lasted 5 months

My deal was Free choice Extra with 3 payments of $59.99 for MLB EI and free Starz and Showtime for 3 months.

Thanks for the info. I did wonder why an outside company is able to do it but Direct is not. Now I do have to think if I really want to deal with this mess

Two messages left by me over the last few days and still no returned call. I may call DirecTV and see if they are willing to offer me anything if I switch packages. It wont be as good as what this company wanted to offer me, but it may be worth me paying an extra $1.50 per month.

Just called DirecTV (not the company that offered me the deal) and they couldn't give me anything worthy of a switch of package. But I can say that this was the best CSR I have ever dealt with representing any company. The guy was very respectful, helpful, and appreciative. He went way out of his way to try to help me as much as possible. Even though I did not get any special deal, just working with him did help make my day better. I too treated him with the utmost respect and appreciation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Moving for real

Can two RC65RX's using RF control One Receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)