Updating Dish Equipment- I need advice

albcmb

Original poster
Sep 26, 2004
I have Dish 500 with a 2700 and 4700 receiver. I want a DVR and new TV. I purchased a large Mitsubishi TV that needs a high definition satellite receiver. The salesman recommended the Dish 921 instead of their upgraded TV with DVR. I called Dish (need I mention what that is like!?) and they said they do not sell the Dish DVR 921 but they gave me some numbers to call. I called VMC and they sell it but can't install it. The TV dealer said I also need an antenna on the house to get HD on local stations. Dish doesn't install or sell the antennas and neither does VMC. I have no confidence in my ability to make these products work together, especially after reading the 921 thread. I do not know what it means to have to run two cables to the 921, etc. I would like to be sure that I am buying something that makes sense. I would also like to find someone that can make this all work together. Any ideas? Thank you!

If you are a smart consumer you will get a Directv HD-DVR. From Directv you can get upto 3 basic receivers free with free installation. As an existing customer you can get for $99 standard installation and an off-air antenna for the Directv HD DVR by calling 800-531-4388 and giving code HDCK7744.

GaryPen said:
I believe DirecTV gives a diamond-encrusted bag full of money to all new subscribers, as well.

Great! Programming and a Xmas gift for the wife. Sign me up! ;) :D

NightRyder

Blurry menus, etc.

newbie 522 help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)