Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
WDSU NBC IA8 12190 H

I get a live feed on this frequency, and the regular programming, simultaneously. If I flip to the station half the time its regular programing, and if I flip to the station from another direction on the channel list, I may get the live feed, as the same frequency and s/r. Its really annoying, as if I move off the channel during a commercial, I may not get the station back without swinging off the satellite and then back again. Both feeds are WDSU 6, just that one is a logo / colorbar / livefeed and the other is the made for the public channel.

Any idea what's going on here?

Tim

I've seen that happen, too.

I have two channels for WDSU... one is 12188 H 3.978 WESH FIXED 1, which normally is their on-air programming, with the 6 and 49i logos in the lower right-hand corner. PIDs 308, 256, 8190.

The second channel is 12184H 3.978 WESH FIXED 2. This often is just the channel 6 logo, or it may be a live feed, color bars, etc. PIDs 308, 356, 8190.

A couple of times I've had the same problem as you, the feed channel is where the on-air channel should be. I've gone up or down channel and it's back to what it should be. I don't know why it does this, maybe because the frequencies of the two are so close with the same SR? I have a Pansat 2500A, if that makes any difference.

I do have a sort of fix for this... maybe... I actually have a third channel for WDSU, 12188H 3.978 labeled Ch-A. I think I scanned the TP twice. The PIDs are different... 308, 256, 308. This always has the on-air feed.

scanning 12184H 3.979 gives me a channel called WDSU UP
The feed on 12191H 3.979 i have problems with seem require tp scan to get on-air program as give me a feed from studio but nobody there.

Tony :)

working fine here but most of the time both frequencies (12184 & 12190) give me the same thing

Noticed this last night as I was tuning a dish for someone :)

32 posts to 10K :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dreambox repair

Fortec Lifetime Ultra with Star Choice Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)