Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) and Charlie Chat

I was very surprised to see who the star was. My first thought was that they are going to use this as an opportunity to announce Sci-FI HD. I am keeping all of my fingers crossed as that is the one show I absolutely want in Hi-Def - especially for the final season.

Did they mention whether there would be an ATM that dispenses singles?

I'd set the DVR for that one right thare.

Let the speculation begin ...

Do you think Charlie will announce SciFi HD in time for Battlestar Galactica's new season April 4?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/images/specialguest.jpg

Do the Charlie chats usually have guest stars?

Yes, they usually have guests from some low-ratings show or another. I seem to remember they had a guy from a show on the Military Channel, and IIRC, the fix-it gal from one of the DIY channels, and one from an obscure show on one of the Premium channels.

They never have anyone who might be on Leno or Letterman, like Evangeline Lilly or Simon Cowell... so Battlestar Galactica fits quite well. ;)

It does seem like a good sign, because:
- It's unlikely that they would have a guest from a channel that they are not carrying in HD, despite many requests by customers.
- Dish has transponder bandwidth on 110 reserved for the channel for several months.
- I know for a fact that Dish has been trying to swing a deal to add the channel.
- It's classic Dish behavior to treat a channel as an "enemy" during negotiations that involve a serious disagreement, and then, once an agreement is reached, to "make up" with hoopla about how wonderful the channel is, and lots of advertisements for the channel.

PS I've never heard a channel announced for the first time on the Chat, so look for a Press Release on Monday (there might even be a technical/legal/SEC reason for doing so).

I think it will just be a chance for Jim and Charlie to drool all over the chick for 30 minutes and claim it is promotion for her show on the Universal hd and SciFi channels -not Hd sci fi. IT will be boring and uncomfortable for all concerned to watch these two old men act like idots flirting with her. Anyone remember how they cackeled over "Samantha " from Sex in the CIty fame? It was ridiculous and even she had trouble flirting with them without acting like she was the character that she played on the show- the slut.

Yeah, I don't see this as a sign at all.

BSD is airing in just a few weeks, and there will be plenty of viewers who don't even have HD yet who are counting the days.

Of course, I've learned to be pessimistic around here, otherwise I'd be disappointed a few times a week.

Yeah well I would think since their having her on that it would be smart on their part to give some kind of status on Sci-FiHD.

I love reading between the lines in interviews... Charlie and and Jim were all, "so you're a farm girl turned supermodel, what's that like?" and she was all, "get over the face gentlemen... I'm gonna kill my publicist..." :D

Yea, well, long live the Canadian plains.

I've heard that's where many supermodels "originate"; e.g. Tricia, Natasha Henstridge.

Of course you've got to ask how badly Trisha needed this gig to sit in front of two drooling old men (and she was only part of the reason they were drooling)! :)

Isn't BSG on UniversalHD as well as SciFi-HD?
Yes but the episodes run on SCIFI first and hopefully they will run on SCFIHD and SCFI at the same time this season. This will make UHD irrelevant IMO and not worth existing. Everything on that channel can be seen elsewhere.

I think I heard that UHD will not start airing season 4 BSG until 2009. So probably not until the season is over.

Mind you, I did hear some where that the writers strike did hit BSG's last 10 episodes, so there may be a mid season break to complete the last chunk.

With that being said though, I am sure UHD will have to wait again (assuming a mid season break) until SciFi completes its run.

Last edited:

Error message

Native resolution passthrough?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)