Tree is down, can now see 22 to 58 west

Status
Please reply by conversation.
and how did that tree get down? :D:p

58 has Cubavision but you need a Universal LNB for that
30 (Hispasat) has a lot of Spanish channels on it.

I've seen some great English language movies from the UK, US, Australia, etc. run with Spanish subtitles on Cubavision (Hispasat, 30 deg. W.)

I get the impression that much of the non-domestically produced content on Cubavision is pirated. One hint that what is being shown is not properly licensed is a blurry area in a corner of the screen which obfuscates the logo of the original broadcaster.

Some of the propaganda can be a hoot. Attached is a screen capture from a Cubavision documentary showing the smoldering wreckage of an alleged US AIRFORCE warplane laying in a Cuban sugarcane field.

Call my cynical, but I strongly suspect there is a wet brush and a bucket of house paint just out of camera range.

Attachments

• Cubavision.jpg
    Cubavision.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
barney_555, where are you located? I've been wanting to get 15west, but don't think I can get the dish to move that far over since 'm too far east. Anyone else able to pick up that bird?

barney_555, where are you located? I've been wanting to get 15west, but don't think I can get the dish to move that far over since 'm too far east. Anyone else able to pick up that bird?

Québec, Canada. My true south is 72deg.

I use pretty much all the travel of my motor: from 15 to 129, but in the summer it's only 59 to 103 because of tree. Next summer I plan to put my dish higher.

Whoa !!!!!
If you are far east, then your chances are good.
If you meant West then it's gonna be hard to get.
I would say that the East coast is perfect scenario.

Techno 935, I think you got a good chance, your dish will look like it's pointing towards the ground.

I for 1 would love to catch this bird.

Oh yeah , by the way PAS 3R @ 43.0 W has occasional feeds, mostly Spanish.
Hispasat @ 30.0 W. is the best of the bunch IMHO.

...your dish will look like it's pointing towards the ground.

Dude, on this motorized setup, the dish looks so funny when pointed at the extremes. It's a new world to me. We're all so used to seeing grey pizza pan dishes barely skewed while aimed for 101. (Mainly 101 in my area for DTV)

So far, 22 west is as far as I can see. Not sure if it's worth going further west or not. What happens when you hit the limit on an HH90? Any dangers? According to the specs, it's 65 degrees give or take, so that takes me to 15 west. (80 west is my longitude/ 80-65=15)

That's my next project.

Only limits now are those damn spotbeams towards europe. Aim over here please!

What happens when you hit the limit on an HH90? Any dangers? According to the specs, it's 65 degrees give or take, so that takes me to 15 west. (80 west is my longitude/ 80-65=15)

When you hit your limit nothing happens, it doesn't break, it just stops.

Give it a try, now if you setup your true south @ 79.0 W you might have an extra degree of play, I'm kind of excited for you , thats a bird I wouldn't mind catching.

I don't have a chance with my motor HH 100, it stops a tad after going east of 30.0 W. , and It would be an eyesore to throw another dish on the porch roof, + neighbors house at a distance is possibly in the way, it's possible for me on a chimney mount but not very practical.

Just curious - on 22w what tp are you finding to be the strongest? I think the hardest part about finding these other birds is figuring out which tp to go after when in 1.2. With usals it's a lot easier. Going after the limits though you almost have to go 1.2... Is it tps 35-36 listed on lyngsat as feeds?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Weird Thing I found

FTA setup question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts