Transponders & Rain Fade...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ilmgadude

Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
I occasionally experience rain fade when there is a severe thunderstorm in my area. During the last storm, I noticed that some of the channels in my DirecTV system were coming in fine while I was loosing others. Does this have something to do with which transponder I have set up on my system? Is there something I can do with my transponder setup to help avoid rain fade on certain channels?

Thanks!

You probably should have your dish checked to be sure it properly aligned. If you have the 3 lnb dish, alignment is critical and the pole it it mounted on must be plumb.
Right now I still have the round dish. My signal levels are all up in the 90s, with the exception of a couple of transponders which are in the 70s and are probably spot beams for locals stations somewhere else.
I'm going to be putting in a 3 lnb dish shortly, and from what I have read, if the dish is properly aligned, signal levels should be about the same as I now have.

You are always going to have some transponders that are going to get a higher signal strength than other ones. When some of the channels start going out before the other ones it means that the ones that more than likely the transponders those channels on have a weak signal and could be close to losing the signal as well or it is coming from a different satellite in which is not getting storm blockage as bad. Also some transponders may have more power than others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DIRECTV in the Caribbean

P4 Access card balence question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts