They're here again...

105 is causing them grief although they moved the dish.
I said that with the 500 that was there I had a sig of 115/120, was told it is a different dish with 3 LNBs and they didn't expect to get that good a signal.
Who'd have thought.

I suggested getting 105 peaked first and then working on 110/119.
I doubt they're listening.

One guy thinks it's either the LNB or the cable which isn't flood rated apparently, the other guy thinks it's a tree.
I suggested moving the dish down the pole, I think that fell on deaf ears.

Don't tell me they are not using flooded underground cable! That is not to spec. and is not what they got paid for, I doubt thats the problem so soon but one day it will be a problem, regular RG6 underground is not on, unless you do it your self and know it will not last forever, in that case I suggest you run double the cables just in case!

The cable from the original install is up to spec. I purchased it myself. Maybe since they don't recognise it, they say it's not.

The 105 cable came from DNSC, so it should be up to spec.

The cables the guy was talking about were the ones originally installed with the 500 3 months ago.
To be honest it's not looking too good and I'm not too bothered if they run new cables if they can't get a good sig off 105 because I'll be cancelling.
I'm going back outside to see what the score is.

Cascade said:
Cheers Shadow.
105 is at 57 solid now, the guy told me again that the cable the contractor used is definitely not flood rated.

I think the highest that some ppl get is around 70 so you arnt too bad off from what I understand (I may be totally off though)

Are they going to run new cables?

Hmm... might have been one of our contractors who did your job, and if so, he bought his own cable...

I take that back, could very well not be.

105 has 54 to 56, down from 67
110/119 has between 80 and 85.
Cliff told me that he'd be rewiring from the dish to the house, these 2 FSRs that were at my place didn't carry the proper cable.
Invoice says "Flood rated cable not used on install. If problem persists customer will need flood rated cable and groundblocks changed. Dish is not grounded. will setup for someone to bring flood rated cable & to ground dish."

Cascade said:
Cliff told me that he'd be rewiring from the dish to the house, these 2 FSRs that were at my place didn't carry the proper cable.
Invoice says "Flood rated cable not used on install. If problem persists customer will need flood rated cable and groundblocks changed. Dish is not grounded. will setup for someone to bring flood rated cable & to ground dish."

so everything is working for the moment?

Locals are still as bad as they ever were.
I'm moving the Superdish onto my FTA pole by way of adapting the roof mount. I'll align it myself before the techs come out again on Tuesday.
Amanda called, told me that the installers were coming round tomorrow which I knew nothing about. I told her I'd be unavailable on Saturday as I had to go out, she rescheduled for Tuesday morning. She's a very pleasant person to deal with, it's impossible to get angry at someone like her and I commend her on the way she's dealing with this, I think I'm going to send an email to Echostar letting them know that they need more people like her that care about their customers. Although my setup is still as bad as it ever was she honestly seems to be doing all she can.

The 10th set of installers will be grounding the dish and rewiring from the pole to the ground-block on the house if they have the gear on the van.

I wonder how much it's cost Echostar to send all these installers out, credit my account and tie up Exec reps.

Anyhow, I've been beaten down to letting them get on with it and letting them spend their time trying to fix it until my 2 month credit runs out.

Cascade said:

Went out in the rain this morning after the wife was complaining about dropouts on all channels.
Took the LNB shroud off, immediately saw that the FSS LNB wasn't seated properly amd the feedhorn wasn't straight in the clamps.
I also noticed that the arm was loose and was freely moving approx 1" from side to side.
After tightening the arm I reseated the 105 LNB and peaked it to 71. I repeaked the 100/119 LNBs and now have 95/104 respectively.

Took me 30 minutes.

For some reason all 3 satellites still aren't solid on the point dish screen and they literally drop off the scale for 5 seconds or so.

522 or 721

Dish 811 problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)