These fees are kiiling me!

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I swear I'm so sick of these cell phone companies and their fees! When I upgraded my iPhone to the 5 last month I decided to switch from AT&T to Verizon. I also decided to try one of the new family shared plans. First of all they slap you with this $35 per phone activation charge when you sign up. Now I've received my 2nd bill and I've been trying to understand all the extra fees and charges. They are as follows.

Wireless surcharges
-fed universal service charge -$0.85
- Regulatory charge - $0.16
- administrative charge -$0.99

Taxes, governmental surcharges and fees
- TN State 911 tax - $1.00
- TN State Sales tax - $2.97
- TN Local sales tax - $1.06

These charges ($7.03) are per phone.

I also have a 3G Verizon iPad that I decided to add to my account. Of course when talking to customer service to make this change, she never mentioned an activation fee for that as well. I mean technically it was already activated through Verizon. I just changed it from charging my credit card every month to this new phone account. Guess what? Another $35 activation fee. I swear I'm going to be nickel and dime'd into the poor house. Or rather the poorer house.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

All the taxes & B/S drove me to $45/mo prepay on Straight Talk.
That's unlimited: calling, texting, 411, data (in practice more like 2gb/mo).
Just got their $15 miniSim for my AT&T-locked iPhone 4, ported my number, and I'm gold. ;)
same AT&T service I've always had

I have a Nokia 5180iP through Tracfone. No hidden fees or anything. Plus, it's built like a tank, I dropped it off a rollercoaster once and it lived with another scratch. I think it's like $10/month for the amount I use it. Great conversation starter too.

Google Nexus 4 official

IDC market share results...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)