The Ultimate in Screen Protection

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
http://forums.pinstack.com/content/8239-review_seidio_vitreo_screen_guard_samsung_galaxy.html

Seems like screen protectors are a dime a dozen these days (well, if you find that deal, let me know and I’ll get some!
biggrin.png
).

Some people feel that a screen protector is a must-have accessory for your device, while others believe they’re too much hassle and not worth the effort. No matter which school of thought you fall into, let me tell you that I’ve never seen ANYTHING like the Seidio VITREO! Supposedly there are some other similar products out there, but our friends at Seidio have definitely upped the ante on the competition with this brand new screen protection kit.

I never have had a screen protector for my smart phone, and have never suffered a scratch. I do however keep my keys in a separate pocket. I have not had the need to keep my phone in a pocket with metal objects.

In my work conditions, a screen protector is a necessity. This one however is probably overkill, especially at the price.

Cost less than I expected, considering some overpriced accessories out there.

But can you imagine trying to pick it off if you DID shatter this thing? :)

Think ill stick with my six-for-a-buck plastic sheets (3 @ $2 for iPad). ;)

I never have had a screen protector for my smart phone, and have never suffered a scratch. I do however keep my keys in a separate pocket. I have not had the need to keep my phone in a pocket with metal objects.

Me neither. My wife got pissed one day when I was recording our conversion in the car (big mistake) using my phone so she tossed my HTC EVO out of the window while we were stopped at a light and then proceeded to drive over it a dozen or more times. Anyway, the phone survived without a scratch thanks to my Seidio case.

I always had an otterbox on my iphones due to working conditions and there is a nice photo around here of what happened to it when it wasn't in the case. However the galaxy s3 I have now, I haven't really felt the need to do anything with.

Me neither. My wife got pissed one day when I was recording our conversion in the car (big mistake) using my phone so she tossed my HTC EVO out of the window while we were stopped at a light and then proceeded to drive over it a dozen or more times. Anyway, the phone survived without a scratch thanks to my Seidio case.

:eek::eek:

Holy crap I would of been pissed and threw her or her phone out the window :D :rolleyes:;):) Glad it survived :)

How could she throw your phone out the window when she was at home making you a sandwich?
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

hahahaa!! Sometimes it's amazing how we men manage to survive our wives,let alone our electronic devices!

Nothing to do with it not being too much hassle. It has to do with it being a waste since they do not add any additional protection anyway.

My old 3GS phone has taken a tumble on asphalt and dirt roads three different times. Last week it popped out of my bike mount and 60 mph and bounced down the road. Messed up the out shell near the headphone jack and scratched the hell out of the side and back, but not a single scratch on the screen. This is the third time the phone has popped out like this. The first time was on a dirt road and it bounced down the side of hill off a few rocks. The second time is when I was hit by a car and it popped out of the holder and flew about 50 ft before hitting the street and bouncing a few times.

These three major incidences plus countless other minor ones and the phone still doesn't have a single scratch on the screen.

Last edited:
You are lucky in my experience. Sawdust will scratch one quite easily, even if you are careful (which I am), and even on gorilla glass. I have had it happen on a couple of phones (no drop), so I don't take the risk anymore.

To each their own.

Edit: did I call it a hassle? Didn't mean to imply that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You are lucky in my experience. Sawdust will scratch one quite easily, even if you are careful (which I am), and even on gorilla glass. I have had it happen on a couple of phones (no drop), so I don't take the risk anymore.

To each their own.

Edit: did I call it a hassle? Didn't mean to imply that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You didn't call it a hassle. The article did.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Sprint LTE in Nashville,TN

Sprint LTE?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts