The bill never matches what they say...

DJ Rob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Denver, Colorado
I've had Comcast for Internet and Cable TV the last few years. I decided this month to add their home phone service since my cellphone gets bad signal at home. I called and told them that Qwest could give me a great deal.

Comcast then quoted me the following per month which was $6 cheaper than Qwest:
$42.95 Internet
$29.99 Phone
$33 Basic Cable TV
$105.94 + taxes total a month

And the installation charge for adding the phone would be $29.95.
So I went ahead and upgraded.

When my bill came today, I was charged:
$62.95 Internet ($20 more than quoted)
$44.95 Phone + $3 Phone Modem Rental ($17.96 more than quoted)
$52.39 Basic Cable ($19.39 more than quoted)
Install Charge & Service Activation for digital phone $128.95 ($99 more than quoted)

That's a difference per month of $57.35. And $99 more for the install charges which lasted a total of 15 minutes and consisted of the tech putting a splitter where the cable comes in the house, and plugging their phone modem to it. And then spending the other 14 minutes calling his office to get the box on my account.

When I called and ordered the service they said since I owned my Internet modem, I would not get charged a modem rental fee for the phone. But now I was told today that everybody gets charged the "rental fee" which is $3.

So today I spent almost 3 hours on the phone trying to get this straightened out. They say the best they can give me is:
$29.99 Internet
$33.00 Phone + $3.00 modem rental
$52.39 Basic Cable TV

That is still over $12 more than they quoted me and they said that these "specials" would only last for 6 months. then everything would go back up to what my bill said.

When I was given the quote initially, they said there was no 6 or 12 month time limit on the prices. Has anybody else run into this sort of situation and have any suggestions. I feel like they deceived me on purpose.

ARGH, another bundle "snafu"... Bundles are almost NEVER the best deal; they are structured simply to make you think they are. This is why I always choose (and encourage others) my own well researched, non-bundled, non-special deals (except taking advantage of partnership discount my company may offer to services I already want), my way. In the long run a much better experience and overall satisfaction.

$42.95 Internet (6mbps)
$8.59 Phone (Unlimited Local & LD in NA w/ all inclusive feature set - VoIP)
$104.99 DirecTV Premier (or $52.99 for basic)
$37.50 Verizon Wireless w/free Nationwide & LD (includes 17.5% company partnership discount)

Without cell services $156.53 (or $104.53)

With cell services $194.03 (or $142.03)

Comcast then quoted me the following per month
$42.95 Internet
$29.99 Phone
$33 Basic Cable TV
$105.94 + taxes total a month

Last edited:
I ended up calling to cancel since I just got an ad in the mail offering what the first CSR had said I would be paying. They all of the sudden found the correct codes to add to my account. :D

Building new house, coax question

search the guide ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts