Subsequent Guided Setup on the R10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blkjck5697

Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
I have a Series 2 R10 machine that is properly activated to get the Tivo service and then brought north. Now, I would like to record one show and watch another at the same time, but I didn't do the "Guided Setup" properly and only chose one cable. So, now that I know better, I know I have to go back to Guided Setup to change this.

If I go through the setup process again to hook up dual cables, will I lose the phone number I have programmed to connect to the DVR service? I know everyone has said I don't need a phone line after the initial setup to keep DVR working, but I don't want to take the chance of losing DVR service if I have to do this process again and not be able to call in again to initially connect.

Never mind, I took a chance and went through the whole guided setup process, and I got everything working the way it should. Thanks for those who looked in

Just to Post for clarity.

Yes running guided setup again will not erase your local numbers. if it does in rare instances it jsut dials the toll free one and downloads the 800 numbers. ther eis not a great risk.

Also if doing this dont plan on doing it in 5 minutes it takes quite a while when detecting the dish on both inputs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WB Fall Lineup Preview!? Huh!?

HSP and Grounding a sytem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts