Stupid Tivo Question about Season Passes...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Patrick G.

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2003
Do you have to create a new season pass for the same program each season? For instance, I currently have a season pass set up for House, which I set up at the beginning of last season. The new season is about to begin. Do I need to delete the current season pass and create a new one? FYI, I typically use the "First Run Only" option on my season passes so I won't catch the reruns.

It sort of depends on the title of the show. Shows that don't change each season include things like:

House
ER
CSI:Miami

However, I have noticed an alarming trend with reality shows, such as:

Amazing Race 9
Survivor: Cook Islands
The Bachelor: Rome
Big Brother: All-Stars

The theoretical season pass I setup in 2000 for Survivor, does not catch Survivor: Thailand. What is worse, OLN keeps changing the listings for Survivor: Palau, from that to just basic "Survivor" and back. I have to setup and extra season pass for each season they show. Anyway, don't always assume your season passes will work. Check the To Do list religiously or suffer the consequences.

Ted

Also, if you have some recordings set up with the tv station/carrier name in the title then you will need to redo them since WB is changing as well as some other station...

You missed the first show this week.

The season pass should pick right up. Mines did. I have the same setup as you.
Also a new episode of HOUSE came on this week.

Patrick G. said:
Do you have to create a new season pass for the same program each season? For instance, I currently have a season pass set up for House, which I set up at the beginning of last season. The new season is about to begin. Do I need to delete the current season pass and create a new one? FYI, I typically use the "First Run Only" option on my season passes so I won't catch the reruns.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR20 and Slingbox Setup

DirecTV HD DVR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)