Still trying to get AMC4 (RTPI)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
managed to get G11 right now at 91W so i moved dish to the west 10 degrees (i think)and no go.
do i leave all the setting the same?(so lost)
how do i get it to lock into that amc-4 sat?
what i'm doing is that when the sat meter goes off ,i stop and go through all the
TP -(10989V4.480) IN ANTENNA setup ,then do fta scan on amc-4
how should antenna setup be setup on the fortec to lock onto amc-4
a friend said that the dish is to small to get that sat because i'm so for up north.thinks that i should be using 1.2meter dish
how do you no which is a live AMC-4 transponder?
thank you

Use The Peoples Network......

11807MHz
H
2.713Msps

The dish will work, sure a bigger dish will work better but that is not your problem finding the satellite.

combined this thread and the other one

Brotherhood....PLEASE keep everything in one thread. Makes it easier to view and also so we dont have 2 posts going with the same issue
-Berg :)

brotherhood I just received AMC4 yesterday. I would ask do you have a compus(sp). If not buy one it worth it. Also your dish angle will change as you move from sat to sat. There are a number of web sites and programs where you can put your zip in to get the elevation and (0-360) dish settings for each sat.

As for that meter it will get you on the street BUT not to the house you want. I have a 95 and I still have to spend like 5 to 10 mins after that thing goes off. What help me is to keep turning the nob on the 95 down so I get the highest signal I can. It still like fishing tho.

Good luck and tell us if you find anything intersting on G11

brotherhood said:
managed to get G11 right now at 91W so i moved dish to the west 10 degrees (i think)and no go.
do i leave all the setting the same?(so lost)
how do i get it to lock into that amc-4 sat?
what i'm doing is that when the sat meter goes off ,i stop and go through all the
TP -(10989V4.480) IN ANTENNA setup ,then do fta scan on amc-4
how should antenna setup be setup on the fortec to lock onto amc-4
a friend said that the dish is to small to get that sat because i'm so for up north.thinks that i should be using 1.2meter dish
how do you no which is a live AMC-4 transponder?
thank you

all i can get is G11 today,tryed 8hours and still nothing
going crazy,i wounder if its my neighbors house in the way?
the dish is mounter lower then my neighbors house
try again Tomorrow
thanks all

I have a cool little spreadsheet I made at work that calculates Az/El angles for certain lat/long coordinates that I can post sometime tomorrow if people thing it will be of use.

With it when a satellite changes name you simply change the name on that cell in the spreadsheet so it can easily be modified and up to date.

Let me know if anyone thinks it would be usefull and I can dig it out of the mothballs tomorrow.

Also where would I post such a thing?

Wholeshoe

why is it that i can get g11 so easy ,and amc4 is such a pain
should i put the old Star Choice lnb on and give that a go?
ANTENNA SETUP is - lnb type(universal 1)
lnb power on
Tp -11807, Horizontal 2731
PS-DISABLE
SAT SCAN -FTA
lnb used-- lnb-Ku Band Universal, Dual polarization, single output LNBF, which adopts the wide band technology, can receiver the signal of frequency range: 10.7~12.75Ghz. The two L.O. frequency 9.75Ghz/10.6Ghz (or 10.75Ghz) can be controlled by the output signal of 0/22khz or DiSEqC from the receiver, at the same time switching the polarization by signal of 13/18V. This LNBF is wide band, high gain, low noise and resistance of shock
thank you all

O.K. at the antenna setting, hit o.k. or select on > universal 1 < and change the lnb setting to 10600, maybe this is the only problem which is the lnb setting not right.

Wish you had it all set up! Live international soccer game on right now.

Lux V Por Portugal scored in the first 2 minutes, should be an easy game for them as the other team are all part timer's not pros.

RTP Internacional Directo

got so mad today that i went and got a 4foot dish
now how tall should i make the pole?
i tryed every thing that u guys told me to do and still nothing
changed the lnb to old starStar Choice and setting (no go)
CALL ME CRAZY but come hell or high water ill get that dam amc4
even got a little tv,wife is get cranky.l
thanks all

Patience! I am in the situation as you before you got your first Sat. My wife in beyond cranky. (she said :"Psycho")

i've been using directv to find amc4,is there a way to tell which directv sat
a person is hitting by the programing ,because i can hit two and not sure if it is 101west
what transponder should i be on for directv
thank you all

I guess it depends if its an offset or prime focus dish sounds GREAT any pictures? The bigger the better : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dealing with USALS

Equity changes another affiliation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)