Still trying to get AMC4 (RTPI)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Off set the LNB is on an arm at the bottom, prime focus the LNB is right in the middle of the dish. Sounds NICE!

PSB what is the difference in the LNB that would not allow an LNB to work on both at offset and prime focus dish?

Thanks

PSB said:
I guess it depends if its an offset or prime focus dish sounds GREAT any pictures? The bigger the better : )

its a gold mine where i live for c-band dishs and used 4foot dishs ,find them at the junkyard and people are always throwing them away
there getting expressvu dishs( pizza size)
how big do i have to make the pole for new dish?

is it possible to get a signal if a fart around with the 4foot dish on the ground?
just want to try it before a place pole
thanks guys

Best place for it is as low as it will go, so if you have line of sight it will work best at ground level!

PSB (not PBS) :D : Lower is better? I never knew that. I am interested in knowing the reason for that. I currently have my dish about 5 feet off the ground.

If you can get a signal with it on the ground, then by all means do it.

Remember, the LNB gets the signal from a reflection from the dish...not directly to it :)

IMO, the lower the better for any satellite dish, and it gets truer the bigger the dish, especially here in Minnesnowta, for a start its easier to install and service if its at ground level, its out of the elements mainly wind and driving snow, most BUD are on a pole mount for the same reason, the ONLY reason to put ANY dish on a roof or high up is for line of sight. Everyday I see satellite dish WAY up at the apex of roofs and I just have to laugh most of the time depending on the pitch of the roof the elevation to the satellite would allow the dish to be at the bottom of the roof at the very least, with KU dish if the wind catches the dish it can cause as much trouble as rain fade.

hi guys
ok today i set up my 8foot pole with a 4foot dish
tomorrow i'll going to try again,want to go over fortec antenna setUP
lnb type-universal 1
lnb local-freq 9750/10600
22khz ---
diseqc - off
lnb power-on
postioner setting-disable
satellite scan-fta
is this right?
elevation 32.7 or lower
azimuth 174.7

Normally, with analog signal, putting the dish at ground level is not recommend, since this is digital signal, it has less interference from the earth. But the dish if set at pole and not too tall, its much better to troubleshooting a system if there problem within. If I do set a pole, it use will be 4 or 6 ft above ground.

rjc3895 said:
PSB (not PBS) :D : Lower is better? I never knew that. I am interested in knowing the reason for that. I currently have my dish about 5 feet off the ground.

We distribute for several broadcasters on AMC4 with the Fortec Lifetime Ultras and have hundreds of service calls to rely on for this advice ......

Start by performing a Factory reset on the receiver using code 0000. After the receiver resets select the language of choice the click right and select Antenna Setup and press OK. Select AMC4 from the Satellite list and press OK. Match the lnb type to the LO frequency on your Universal LNBF (either Universal 1 -9750/10600 or Universal 2 9750/10750) DiSEqC - OFF, LNB POWER- ON, TP (any for now), Positioner Setting- Disable. Press MENU then OK to save the setting. Shut off the receiver with the master power rocker on the rear panel and power back up after 10 seconds or more.

Enter the Antenna Setup again and select AMC4 and change the TP to 11822 or 12120. You would have a difficult time finding AMC4 with 11807 as it is a SCPC (Single Carrier) channel with a low symbol rate. Try a transponder with MCPC (Multiple Carrier) like 11822 or 12120. Set the dish elevation, azimuth and LNBF skew (rotation) for your installation location. Now with a small monitor setup beside the dish and while viewing the QUALITY bar at the top of the screen make slow sweeping azimuth movements while the elevation is set at the correct setting. If no signal is found, change the elevation by one degree and repeat the slow sweep. You may have to increase or decrease the elevation several times before you find any Quality signal.

Once you locate a Quality reading, peak the Quality reading by making slight elevation and azimuth adjustments and by sliding the LNBF towards or away from the reflector and by rotating the LNBF to match the polarity of the linear signal. Now scan the satellite in the ALL mode. Many channels on AMC4 will only be programmed if the receiver is set to ALL instead of FTA. These channels are incorrectly identified as being encrypted by the encoders at the uplink centers.

Good Luck!

not sure about LNBF skew (rotation) and if i should use Universal 1 or 2

lnb used-- lnb-Ku Band Universal, Dual polarization, single output LNBF, which adopts the wide band technology, can receiver the signal of frequency range: 10.7~12.75Ghz. The two L.O. frequency 9.75Ghz/10.6Ghz (or 10.75Ghz) can be controlled by the output signal of 0/22khz or DiSEqC from the receiver, at the same time switching the polarization by signal of 13/18V. This LNBF is wide band, high gain, low noise and resistance of shock

thank you

Attachments

• DSCN0172.jpg
    DSCN0172.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 121
LNBF skew, depending you at east or west coast, that the LNBF set at 4 or 8 o'clock position. I believe you use universal 1.

NO matter, you set the LNB L.O at 10600.

im in cental canada (manitoba)
how would i set LNB at 4 or 8 o'clock position?
thank you for your time

We need you post code or Latitude and Longditude to work out the skew.

Skew setting is by turning your LNBF to the left or right, since you are at central of Canada, LNBF straight down is just fine.

If you can see Texas is way down from your location, you can find T5 first and it ids easy to locate, then once you found T5, then slightly turn your dish to the west a bit (4 degree from T5), AMC4 is there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dealing with USALS

Equity changes another affiliation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)