stereo sound via home distribution

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
I thought all of the sound via coax was mts stereo. It used to be, but I have noticed the last several days that it is only mono. Wonder what has changed?

Just wondering how you guys are determining if you are receiving stereo or not? I am just going by the information that pops up on my hdtv when I press the info button.

Just wondering how you guys are determining if you are receiving stereo or not? I am just going by the information that pops up on my hdtv when I press the info button.
I'd go into the set up menu for the TV and, if it allows, under audio set it for Stereo only. I know on my Sammy DLP I can do that. But that all depends on the features your make and model allow.

The 322, 222 and 222K do NOT output stereo (MTS) from the Home Distribution output (RF). However, all dual tuner DVR's do output MTS stereo via the Home Distribution output.

Now, I will say that at one time my uncle had a 625 and one tuner was outputting DD 5.1, but the other tuner would NOT. This was a defect. So, there is a chance that if yours is one of the boxes that SHOULD be outputting MTS, you may need to RMA it.

The 322, 222 and 222K do NOT output stereo (MTS) from the Home Distribution output (RF). However, all dual tuner DVR's do output MTS stereo via the Home Distribution output.

Now, I will say that at one time my uncle had a 625 and one tuner was outputting DD 5.1, but the other tuner would NOT. This was a defect. So, there is a chance that if yours is one of the boxes that SHOULD be outputting MTS, you may need to RMA it.

I have to change what I've said on my post above. The 222K does indeed put out MTS stereo via the Home Distribution; the 222 does NOT.

I found that the sound from my 222K sounded monaural (I admit my DVD recorder was showing MTS--but it sounded MONO) because of the stupid audio leveling software that is defaulted on. When I turned it off, it was clearly in stereo. That difference was tremendous. So, try turning off the audio leveling software.

Demanded a 1000.4 dish instead of a 1000.2... Was I just being mean?

Broadband for a 222k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)