Starting up Message

clonedbhandar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
I just received the 922 by doing an upgrade and every time I turn the receiver off after watching TV and then turn it back on after a couple hours I get the Starting Up message with the dish and sling logos and usually cycles through the message a couple times (anywhere from 5-10 minutes) before the receiver actually shows what I want to watch. I received a replacement receiver on Sunday and it does the same thing. When it has been off for a bit and then turned back on the darn Starting up message comes up and sometimes I have to hit the reset button to get it to work again. Anyone else having this issue? Do I need to request another replacement?

Regards

This is probably a stupid question, but by any chance are you actually turning the power off to the receiver (maybe via a power strip or switched outlet)?

OK, so the receiver is rebooting on its own. Does it ever reboot when you're actually watching TV?

Where do you have the receiver placed? Is it in a closed cabinet? E* receivers have been known to have rebooting issues when they get too hot.

Sounds like a power issue. do you have a computer UPS you can plug it into? Sounds to me like if something like AC kicks in it drops the voltage in the line and is causing the 922 to reboot.

Its in a rack with other devices, the 722 used to be in the same location but never had any issues. It does not reboot while watching TV, just when it is turned off and then turned back on after it has been off for an extended time period.

Thanks for all the help so far.....

One possibility, some TV's have a setting that is supposed to power down components connected by HDMI. That setting if on has been known to cause the 922 to power cycle when the TV is turned on.

One possibility, some TV's have a setting that is supposed to power down components connected by HDMI. That setting if on has been known to cause the 922 to power cycle when the TV is turned on.

I'll check that out when I get home...I have a Sony XBR 3 TV

Free HD?

2 min delay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts