Starmate Color Change

TidalWaveTiburon

Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Hello this is my first post at this forum, so if this in the area mods could you please move it to the proper area? Well I have Sirius Starmate and I was wondering if someone out there have tried to change the color of the display from Orange to Blue? Im not even sure if this is at all possiable or not, but I would like change it over because I just recently converted all the displays in my car to blue and I would like my reciever to match. Thanks in advance for the help :)

The below information came from
Crutchfield's website

Display: The Starmate ST1 tuner has a compact 3-line display. The Default screen displays the Channel Name and Number and the current time on the top line, with the artist and song title on separate lines. With the display button, you can toggle between the Category Name and the Channel Name on the top line. Pressing and holding the display button will allow you to enter the Channel Search mode. You can manually adjust the display's contrast and dimming controls for best viewing.

Color changes are apparently not an option. The new Sirius Sportster IR has the cool blue display along with the Kenwood, Clarion, Sanyo and Blaupunkt.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.us and the satellite radio forum. Let us know how you like satellite radio and what your favorite channles are.

Thanks for the help so far, I wish they made it so you could change the display. I think Im going to take it apart and if it is at all possiable to change the LEDS from Orange to blue, Oh I have noticed that I lose signal when it rains or when im near alot of trees, is this normal? I mean it happens ALL THE TIME :)

Rain no, at least I never have and if you have ever been in a Phoenix monsoon day thats about as heavy as it gets. Lengthy thick cover of any kind, tunnel, fast food overhang, garage, trees - yes but trees must be real thick for a pretty long time.

It may actually be possible to swap out leds for different colored ones. I know it is possible with the XM Skyfi but I have no idea how you do it.

Yeah i think Im going to take it apart and see whats in there, and i will keep everyone posted :) Well as for the trees being thick, no not really I still see the sky right through them, but just like clock work as soon as I hit these spots it goes out for about mile or so and whne it rains, samething no service for a few minutes :confused: . I have no clue what is causing it

Thanks for the help so far, I wish they made it so you could change the display. I think Im going to take it apart and if it is at all possiable to change the LEDS from Orange to blue, Oh I have noticed that I lose signal when it rains or when im near alot of trees, is this normal? I mean it happens ALL THE TIME :)
Did you ever solve the led color change? I have a Starmate ST2-R, and the display is blue (a bit hard to read). I did open the unit and the led's are circuit board mounted, and trying to change them appears like more trouble than it is worth.

Did you ever resolve the color change issue on your Starmate? I have an ST2-R with the same issue, except my display is blue (a bit hard to read) and I would love to change it to either orange or white. I took mine apart and find the LEDs are surface mounted on the circuit board. Changing them would probably be more trouble than it is worth, and MAY disable the unit altogether.

Sirius Renewal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts