Starchoice 60cm round for directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dhp102

Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Will the starchoice dish work to pick up sat c for directv? I cannot get it with the oval 3 or the oval 2 with the sat c kit on a separate 18" round. I'm gonna try a bigger dish for 110. The angle is different and arm is longer on the starchoice than on the directv . I can pick up a oval starchoice dish and use the yoke off my oval 2 with all 3 lnb's to pick up 101, 110, and 119 if that dish will work. Are there any mods that have to be done to the dish. Have been fighting with this since November so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The answer is both YES and NO. If you mount a Sat"C" LNB at the focal point of the Starchoice dish it should be capable of receiving the satellite signal from 110. If you try to change the design of the dish by mounting a different feed support you probably will not be able to receive a usable signal.

I've read in one post that the fella had to move the lnb arm 3mm. I would like to hear from anyone that has tried this. Thanks for your input boba. I will try this as soon as I get a nice day.

dhp102 said:
I've read in one post that the fella had to move the lnb arm 3mm. I would like to hear from anyone that has tried this. Thanks for your input boba. I will try this as soon as I get a nice day.
I found you have been posting on DBS Forums, the fact you are in Canada is important seeing you are in a much weaker signal area. You will need the system mounted and aimed as perfectly as possible in New Brunswick. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sony HD-200 & 720p

OTA Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)