Sports blackout

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
I guess I have a lot to learn on BLACKOUTS.
Example tuesday nite is a NBA pre season game on FOX SPORTS NE.

Well I have the multi sports pkg and I have NO NBA teams for 175 miles so why would I be blacked out?

thanks

Trido

You're thinking about blackout rules from the 70's when they were intended to get butts into the seats at the stadiums. Blackouts have taken on a new meaning in the digital age. These days, providers pay large dollar amounts for the rights to broadcast games. NBA League Pass has the rights to all out of market games for the US. If you want to see an out of market game, you must subscribe to League Pass. You'll notice, if you read the fine print, Dish and DirecTV state that the Sports Package have extensive blackouts. You can't get the games for the extra 5-12 bucks, you have to fork out 169 bucks for league pass.

mikew said:
You're thinking about blackout rules from the 70's when they were intended to get butts into the seats at the stadiums. Blackouts have taken on a new meaning in the digital age. These days, providers pay large dollar amounts for the rights to broadcast games. NBA League Pass has the rights to all out of market games for the US. If you want to see an out of market game, you must subscribe to League Pass. You'll notice, if you read the fine print, Dish and DirecTV state that the Sports Package have extensive blackouts. You can't get the games for the extra 5-12 bucks, you have to fork out 169 bucks for league pass.
Ok thanks well I assume we will get the 80 games that NBA TV has .
What about NBATV HD did DISH have that last season if any certain channel?

Thanks

I might as well drop the multi spodts pkg go with NBA Pass get all the games and NBA TV

Trido

Yes...Dish has NBA TV...channel 560. MS Package is really worthless...unless you enjoy watching all of the filler programming out there. League Pass is, by far, the best bang for the buck. They show all of the games available on the RSNs, plus several from the OTA broadcasts. MLB EI only gives you the games available on the RSNs so you get about 60-70% of the games. NBA LP gives you 85-90% of the games.

mikew said:
Yes...Dish has NBA TV...channel 560. MS Package is really worthless...unless you enjoy watching all of the filler programming out there. League Pass is, by far, the best bang for the buck. They show all of the games available on the RSNs, plus several from the OTA broadcasts. MLB EI only gives you the games available on the RSNs so you get about 60-70% of the games. NBA LP gives you 85-90% of the games.
Now is 560 channel their HD channel as I see NBA yv in the 400's

thanks

Oh one other thing how is DISH on changing pkgs.

Say I want to drop the multi sports pkg and go with the nba league am I punished via penalty fee?

thanks

Trido

nba tv

Also if I drop the multi sports pkg and go NBA league do I get NBA TV ALL YEAR LONG or does it end after season then I have to go back to sports pkg?

trido

I think you get it all year long. I have MSP and I get it on 402, as well as 560. So I would guess that you get it all year; however, NBATV is useless when the season is over. Absolutely BORING!!!! So you won't really need it anyway.

Do you guys know if NBATV Hi Def is showing a game from your RSN is you will be blcked out. The reson I want to know is because most wizards games this year on NBATV are in HD; however, they will, I expect, be using the CSN HD feed. Does this make me blacked out. I realize it would on the reg. NBATV channel, but I have no clue about the HD channel.

[Note: My RSN is CSN Mid Atlantic]

1) Saying the Sports Pack is worthless because there's no OOM NBA (or most other pro sports) is like saying WGN is worthless because it doesn't carry Bulls games. The Sports Pack includes golf, NBA TV, oddball pro sports (think indoor lacrosse), lots of college sports (anything not in a paid subscription package), high school sports, regional sports shows, and yes, lots of opportunities to watch The Best Damn Sports Show.

2) IMHO, if you play CSR roulette, I'll bet you'll quickly find one who'll waive any Sports Pack cancellation fee if you agree to buy the NBA package.

Is there anywhere on the net to find a schedule of what college football/basketball games will be on the various FOX sports channels? I am thinking of getting the multi sports package, but only want it if there are going to be some good NCAA games.

Thanks

Go to the TitanTV Guide and register if you haven't already. Show Dish as your satellite company. Next go to search and put in "college football." It will bring up 2 weeks worth for a good look.

garn9173 said:
something that I noticed last year on NBA TV was that if your RSN was showing the same game, the feed on NBA TV would be blacked out.
Well here is what I dont understand tonite has a IND pacers game they are at home.

Also as far as I see I have NO RSN showing the game tonite so why does NBA league have me blacked out?

I thought Nba League blacked out game that I could receive from another provider.

That I can see like if Fox Sports Midwest had the Pacers on tonite then yes I get it that way BUT they dont have the game tonite.

Trido

Dueling remotes wanted for 522

Possable theory to 522 mishaps??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)