Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
See pic.

Attachments

• twinhandvb.jpg
    twinhandvb.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 339
Hey Hey - pseudo Blind scan :)

FWIW, I think the CoolSat uses a 'step size' of 8. I'm doing a detail scan right now and it's incrimnenting in .008 steps.

Shawn

do we have any programers around here?
if so i have the source code for that little gem and have been trying to figure out how to make it faster..

that program as it sits.. take a long long long time to scan a full sat.

Attached is the source code for this program.. the guy that wrote it sad he did it in delphi and used the 2.5 sdk drivers..

Attachments

• THScan_and_Source.zip
    271.3 KB · Views: 202
Yep, 2 hours to scan one sat on the USB visionplus.
I'd love to see a version for the Nexus/Skystar.
As far as I can tell the only thing slowing it down is the changes in symbolrate.

Still, it's better than nothing I guess.

docj2005 said:
do we have any programers around here?
if so i have the source code for that little gem and have been trying to figure out how to make it faster..

that program as it sits.. take a long long long time to scan a full sat.

I am a software engineer and would like to take a look at the source code if you don't mind. I would also be able to add a few improvements to the application.

The changes in symbol rate slow it down? hrmm.. I know it SOUNDS counterproductive, but wouldn't it be quicker then to scan every freq. at one symbol rate, then the next, etc? It'd look odd, but if freq. changes (1) are quicker than symbol rate(3), it would be 1+1+1+1+3 instead of 3+3+3+3+1.... see?

I am assuming this is a processor type program?? As in, nothing is loaded off on to a chip on the card? So the speed of you machine will have an effect also?

Cascade said:
That one's only for Skystar2, the links are dead right now.

No, It's not. It's working.
But, Will this also work for Nexus-S v2.2?

Was down for me a few mins ago.
Tim, CPU power doesn't seem to have that much bearing on speed, I think the change in symbolrates is what slows it down more tha anything.

see my previous post for source code d/l

i think there is lots of room for improvment.. and we could put our heads together and come up with a realy good program

I second the motion that somone with the talent optimizes/reworks the source :D
I'm sure docj2005 and I would be more than happy to beta test/benchmark any results.

docj2005 said:
see my previous post for source code d/l

i think there is lots of room for improvment.. and we could put our heads together and come up with a realy good program

It's slow because of the hardware not the software.
The program is pretty basic, it just loops through all the frequencies trying the different symbol rates. The slow part is waiting for the Twinhan to lock the frequency settings that you are trying. There is no way to speed up the Twinhan.

just some thoughts ..

what if intested of using the twinhan sdk for this we use something like.. dvbcore.. which i think does a few things better and maybe a little faster.

as i have seen there has been 12 hits on the source and and wondering who is up for this project and what are your thoughts on it..

Rock on ...

Yeah, I don't expect 2 minute full blind scanning :p Just a little tweaking so it doesn't take 24 hours would be great :D

so i s this going to fade away like so many other posts before it ..
i put up the souce code in hopes that someone or a group of us would start something and make it big..

whats up people .. are we going to do anything with this or just let it fall by the way side

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OT Fun Not Poll 3: Which channel?

Program thinks that im on the Eastern half of the globe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)