So what do you think of Sirius?

NightRyder said:
Music should be heard not seen. Just turn off the TV :D

NightRyder

I second that! The speakers in my TV are just not up to the task of doing justice to long periods of music listening. When I listen to music I turn on the TV to find the channel I want, then I turn on the stereo and turn off the TV. It saves energy too! :)

The sound from my Sony is remarkably good for a TV. I was quite surprised the first time I turned it on. Obviously, I use the dedicated sound system for music, movies, and such. But, I could definitely get away with using the TV to listen to Sirius for low to mid level background stuff.

Sirius-ly good music

I must say, I was checking out the Sirius channels on my 508/TV in the MB and was impressed with the variety. Now I've had a chance to hear the channels on my 721/Home Theater and they sound fantastic! Bobby McFerrin never sounded so good. :rolleyes:

Don't Worry, Be Happy! :D

GaryPen said:
Nah. You're just whipped man! ;)

BTW, what did you think of Latoya getting booted off last week? Puh-lease!

Sorry Gary. No one in my home watches reality TV - American Idol, Survivor, nothing. You must be more "whipped" than I am! :haha

I like the Sirius channels. I was impressed on how they broke up rock & role. Sounds good,,But not as good as my vinyl. Nothing could replace my 45's and my LP's. Ha. Ha. I have a strong HarmenKarden system that rocks. Maybe I will replace one of my 301's for one with digital audio output now. I give Dish two thumbs up. Smart buisiness.

dlsnyder said:
Sorry Gary. No one in my home watches reality TV - American Idol, Survivor, nothing. You must be more "whipped" than I am! :haha

Um :what . dl, Try putting tongue squarely in cheek and reading GaryPen's post again :)

Absolutely fantastic!! This is thousands time better than lame Muzak and Music Choice. I love it, I got very little sleep last night flipping through all these channels. They all sound amazing, and there was always a song on that I liked somewhere.

keith said:
I like the Sirius channels, but couldn't they have done something a little bit better with the (lack of) graphics? Even the minimalist graphics on the DirectTV music channels are better than a black screen with lame moving text.

Keith.

What's the need for extra graphics that would only cause burn-in on your television?

Great to see folks like Sirius on DISH. I am currently in the market for a Sat Company and am going to go with DISH so that I can get Sirius in the home(already have it in the car and the wifes car) it is great. This addition made my Sat TV choice easy.

The only thing that made me consider DirectTV was NFL sunday ticket and I don't need that anymore since I have Sirius.

If DISH added the Talk channels to a higher package or something it would be REALLY sweet. Since that would give all DISH folks all of the NFL, NBA and NHL games play by play....

Might not be the visual you get with DTV but it is also not 200 bucks :)

Anyway glad to be joining you all soon!

AppliedAggression said:
Everyone seems to love them, including myself. Makes me wonder how long they'll stay free. Especially with Dish keeping up the Mono and CD channels...

Say it ain't so
does muzak pay dish as a distributer for them assuming that dish provides the bandwidth for there whole system

Yeah, sound quality is so superior to the other audio channels. Surely, even without the other Sirius channels Dish will eventually charge. Looks to me some Sirius programming is in over 3 hour blocks. I recorded different selections and they auto recorded for 3 hours 13 minutes or so. I'll have to listen and see if songs repeat after 3 hours.

Does anyone know when Air America will be activated for Dish on Sirius? I personally don't care much about the Sirius music channels. The old Dish CD channels were fine with me in terms of quality and variety. I hope they're not planning on raising our rates anytime soon over this. There was nothing wrong with the old music channels.

Dishnetwork HD programming

Traverse City CBS Feed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)