Several install questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

USMguy11

Original poster
May 14, 2012
Mississippi
Hello everybody. I am having difficulty installing DirecTv and thought someone here could help. I have to temporarily move from my house for a couple of months and want to install directv by myself since they want to charge $180 to do it for me. I have everything hooked up but my main problem is pointing the dish. The elevation and tilt are on the satellite but I don't know how to set the azimuth. Any advice on doing this would be greatly appreciated.

I have uploaded some attachments as well. Can someone confirm that I do have the tilt and elevation set correctly.

Attachments

• Sat install 1.JPG
    Sat install 1.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 117
  • sat install 3.JPG
    sat install 3.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 113
  • sat install 4.JPG
    sat install 4.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 130
elevation is not set at 48 deg it looks like it is set to the number you listed for the tilt (skew)

tilt appears correct based on your screen shot with your setup

azimuth is the direction the LNB arm is pointing; you will need a heading compass at minimum to do this. they are about $12 at walmart or hunting store

Last edited:
Actually, the elevation may be set close to 48 deg. Looks like 49 deg.

The flat edge of the washer to the left of the nut is indicator. Don't know what the red line at 55 deg is for.

But, for azimuth you need a compass as charper1 said.

I don't know where in Mississippi you are, but the elevation and skew is about right for Biloxi. Like charper1 said, the azimuth is the compass heading, which should be 218 degrees or so. charper1, it looks like he is set for 58 skew and 48 elevation. I thought the inside of the bracket is what you use for the elevation gauge. On second look, it's set for 49, not 48.
Edit: idiot me, I didn't see the settings on the picture! duh!

hell I was looking at the mark between the 50 and 60 thinking that was it. my dish has an arrow tab pointed to the marks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv 1R Deorbit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)