Setup Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satjunkie1

Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
texas
i have a slimline 3 dish with the SL3 lnb (99, 101, 103) with 4 outputs, i have one dual tuner HD PVR receiver,

questions,

do i run two cables directly from receiver to the lnb?

do i need a power inserter of any kind? if so which one?

do i need a multiswitch? if so which one? or do i just run directly to the lnb?

you will need to change the setup menu to slimline3 and you will also need b band converters on both cables.

i did change it and it comes up with that error, even if i press "recheck swm"

also when i first plug the receiver in it comes up with an error that says "can not communicate with satellite dish"

i had a converter on one of the cables still got the error messege even if i selected single tuner, converter was connected to sat 1 in

viclovr said:
You do need b band converters but only if it isnt and hr23 which has them built in already.

They're not built in. The H23 and HR23 and see the wide signal that other receivers can't without BBC's

satjunkie1 said:
i had a converter on one of the cables still got the error messege even if i selected single tuner, converter was connected to sat 1 in

You need to BBC's on it (unless it's a 23) and you need to make sure the multi switch is set to "multi-switch" and dish type to "slimline-3" then let it go. It sounds like the receiver you're working with was connected to SWM at 1 time.

thats what i did, when i select my dish in the menu it says "can not find swm lnb" or something like that??

Your not using a SWM set up, thats why it says it can't find it.
Your using a Slimline set up, not a Slimline Single Wire Multiswitch, as HiFi mentioned .

Do a Repeat Sat Set Up and choose Slimline3 and Multiswitch, Not SWM.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tailgating setup

Programming, I feel silly!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)