set up new system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mlamet

Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
set up question

I have a old star choice dish and lnb what setting should I use for lof1 sw and lof2 on a twinham 1020?
no matter what I set them at I can seem to find anything .
I have set up a old dtv lnb and pointed it at 119 with lof1 set to 11250000 sw 0 and lof2 at 11250000 and got signal and a lock so i know the card works ect.
help please!

#2 of many questions

If i hook my starchoice dish and lnb dirrectly to my dp 301 dnet receiver will this allow me to use it as a signal meter to point the dish at 105 or 121 .........my purpose is to test my lnb I'm beginning to think it is no good .
Or would there be a easyer way to test the lnb?

I combined this thread and the other. Lets keep all questions pertaining to your setup in one thread :)

mlamet said:
If i hook my starchoice dish and lnb dirrectly to my dp 301 dnet receiver will this allow me to use it as a signal meter to point the dish at 105 or 121 .........my purpose is to test my lnb I'm beginning to think it is no good .
Or would there be a easyer way to test the lnb?

yes you can use the 301 to aim for 105 or 121, but there really isnt anything FTA there. If you are trying to get Galaxy 10 at 123, that would work. Aim at 121 and then move it about 1/2" to the west and you will be on 123 :)

I dont want to keep it pointed at 105 or 121 I just need to use it as a test to see if the lnb is working. useing the receiver and a handheld tv right at the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Looking for a FTA card for a PC?

Need little help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)