Second Dish Instead Of Replacement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

donley

Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Directv called me up offering a free DVR (r15 i am assuming). My commitment had long expired so I was not surprised. When I called to schedule an install and told them my dual lnb that goes to a 2x4 multiswitch was maxed out (I am using all four outputs already) they said a second dish was standard procedure rather than replacing the existing one. Anyone else get fed this bogus line. Personally I don't want to sign up for a 2 year commitment without them giving me a new AT9. I don't have HD now, but hopefully will in the next two years. What do you guys think?

Replace the 2x4 with a 2x6, a second dish is only used in certain situations, it is never meant to be used to extend the amount of receivers fed (as you guessed, it was a bogus line).

There is no reason to have the AT9 if you do not have HD.

When you are ready to go HD, they will likely give you the dish free, however, you will be leasing advanced equipment (HD rec. and all DVRs are advanced equipment), which requires a 2yr commitment.

Last edited:
OK. Let me get this straight. You are saying they could replace only the multiswitch and get me a 5th and 6th output.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NBC HD is sooooo bad that.......

How do you record

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)