Satellite spliter

Dishusercan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
US
When I use the satellite Splitter with my receiver it only gets reception on 1 port, it is like that on all my receivers, I have a 222k and a 625 and a sw44 switch, the receiver will get reception on both ports if I connect 2 wires from the switch to the receiver, but when I use the Splitter only one port works.

Thanks

Satellite does not work with splitters. You need to use a separator, a different animal. Is that what you are using?

You can NOT use any splitters using Dish Network switch's or LNBF's. You also can NOT use Dish Pro Plus Separators with a SW44 switch.

If you have all Dish Pro LNBF's then you can have a DPP44 (Dish Pro Plus switch). If you have a D(ish) P(ro) P(lus)44 switch then you can use DPP separators so you can feed both Satellite inputs from a Single Feed from the DPP44 switch.

I'm using the Splitter thing that came with the receiver so how come I cant make it work with my receiver

You can NOT use any splitters using Dish Network switch's or LNBF's. You also can NOT use Dish Pro Plus Separators with a SW44 switch.

If you have all Dish Pro LNBF's then you can have a DPP44 (Dish Pro Plus switch). If you have a D(ish) P(ro) P(lus)44 switch then you can use DPP separators so you can feed both Satellite inputs from a Single Feed from the DPP44 switch.

Generally true, but I think you forgot about the DishPro splitter that can be used between DishPro LNBF's and switches. It is not a common install, but allows a highly efficient install for a great many ports/STB's using one reflector.

Yup, dishusercan, you will just have to use both cables connected to your STB's as DishPro Seperators (the "splitter" thingy that came with the box) is not compatible with Legacy (old technology) switches denoted as by the "SW" preceding the number of ports in and out. This makes no difference in your user experience of the system.

To give a clear answer to everything, DP satellite splitters are only approved for commercial installs. The part that comes with the receiver is a seperator and will have a 1 and 2 that match up to the blue ports on the receiver. To give a better answer to the original question, we would need to know for sure whether it is a SW44 or DPP44. This difference is often blown out of proportion in posting, but SW44 and SW34 are easier to type and are clearer to people not knowing what DPP means. Also, the legacy SW44 wasn't used very often since it was too much hassle if SW21s could be used instead.

Amusing Dish Retention Offer

[langtitle=da]switch from Dish 500 to Dish 1000.2[/langtitle]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)