Sacramento upgrade to HD

rixter67

Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
In Sacramento, CA, if I upgrade to new HD package will I get another Dish 500 for the 3rd satellite or a new dish 1000 that can pick up all 3? My concern is having 2 dishes on the side of the house.

I live up the hill near Cameron Park and had a 1000 installed in June. Works fine for all 3.
esteps

rixter67 said:
In Sacramento, CA, if I upgrade to new HD package will I get another Dish 500 for the 3rd satellite or a new dish 1000 that can pick up all 3? My concern is having 2 dishes on the side of the house.

I'm in sacto (land park area) and I got the dish 1000 (for 110, 119 and 129)and a dish 500 because of I also wanted an international channel at 148. Just make sure your installers get the dish on a really stable good area. 129 is a bitch to get and the signal is quite weak if not in the right place. If at the end of the install you're not getting the voom channels or the sacto HD locals most likely they didn't do a good job!

Are you upgrading to the 622? be aware of some issues the unit still has. Mine for example, loses picture on TV1 A LOT so far!! But, i still think it's worth it since the picture quality is much better than directtv and the number of HD channels are much more. I just wished they had the National geographic as part of the bronze package instead of making me pay another 20 bucks for the gold package to get it!!

rixter67 said:

They will more than likely do a 1000 install. I use 61.5 for my HD and a few PI channels I like. The only local on 129 is KQCA (58). WE are still waiting on retrans consent from Tribune (not likely at this rate.)

Francisco: They haven't replaced your receiver since it is losing picture? They replaced mine and I haven't lost picture once since.

Scott

Hey Scott,

So, you were having the same problem? It seems to me that happens if I leave the tuner in one of my OTA channels. So, I went through 3 "technical" people last night! The first one said I need a replacement for my receiver. After 10 minutes on the phone with him he said he couldn't finalize it. said was gonna put me on hold for a bit to get somebody else to do it. 20 minutes later, I'm still on hold! I give up and just Call again. Second guy says I don't need a new receiver. Says I have an outdated software. advises me to turn off my receiver, leave my TV on (why???? says I need to be "in front" of the tv to see the software being upgraded in 20 min!) for 20 min so that the new software version is updated. Wel, it already had L3.60, so I have no clue what the heck he was talking about. Call a 3rd time after 20 min of leaving my TV on (felt like such an idiot!!). Third guy says that's a software issue still and that Dish is working on it. says I'll still have the losing of picture problem until the "dish engeineers" figure out another software update and that I just have to keep on pushing the "power" bottom every time that happens! Time to call again and yell???

teachsac said:
They will more than likely do a 1000 install. I use 61.5 for my HD and a few PI channels I like. The only local on 129 is KQCA (58). WE are still waiting on retrans consent from Tribune (not likely at this rate.)

Francisco: They haven't replaced your receiver since it is losing picture? They replaced mine and I haven't lost picture once since.

Scott

Hey Francisco,

I was having a terrible time. It wasn't just with the OTA channels. It would go out while watching a DVR'd event and SatHD. What's up woth that second tech. Too bad you couldn't hang out for the first one. Maybe you could call back and tell them you have called three times and others have had their receiver replaced and haven't had any problems since. Mine went straight back to engineering for analysis of the problem.

Scott

Fgsilva said:
Are you upgrading to the 622? be aware of some issues the unit still has. Mine for example, loses picture on TV1 A LOT so far!! But, i still think it's worth it since the picture quality is much better than directtv and the number of HD channels are much more. I just wished they had the National geographic as part of the bronze package instead of making me pay another 20 bucks for the gold package to get it!!

This sounds like a bad box. I've had my 622 for about 6 months and never experienced a pic loss on TV1. Get it replaced.

Starz HD - Audio Issues? Or is it MPEG-4?

HD channel/package question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)