Wally software upgrade

That American Girl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2023
Columbus Ohio
A few days ago the Wally receivers had a software update to W573..

So currently, many new Wallys will NOT activate, or get past "test installation" and just die there. Even with a direct connection, good LOS, signal over 45%, both sats found, etc... but then BOOM.

Complete signal loss.

Pray for us in tech support, especially for Dish Outdoors..

I don't know what they're doing. They don't even tell us techs what's going on anymore, so we get to guess as much as you.

They did atleast say something about activations. I'm still confused as to what exactly is going on but here's what they said:

if you are still experiencing issues activating the receiver, please click System Info > Recall > Skip Back > Skip Ahead > Recall when at the receiver activation stage. This will let the receiver know it is activated and resolve the issue.

I don't know what they're doing. They don't even tell us techs what's going on anymore, so we get to guess as much as you.

They did atleast say something about activations. I'm still confused as to what exactly is going on but here's what they said:

if you are still experiencing issues activating the receiver, please click System Info > Recall > Skip Back > Skip Ahead > Recall when at the receiver activation stage. This will let the receiver know it is activated and resolve the issue.
That is the fix. It happens on some Hoppers, too

Why does dish network down convert some channels to SD?

Lexington Kentucky locals outage