Running over 4 lnb's to one reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
In my "ultimate dream" dish setup i want to have 1- 18" dish at 91, 1- 18" dish at 119, my fixed 30" dish at 123 (g10r), a fixed 30" + dish at 87 (amc-3), another fixed 30"+ dish at AMC4 and then my BUD for moving around to the rest of the sats.

This setup would give very fast channel changing to the majority of the KU FTA channels we want to watch, and we would still have "poppa" BUD (which will be c/ku as soon as the rain stops so i can mount my new corotor :D ) to motor around for C band and the other KU sats, albiet with slower channel changes.

As this will give me a total of 7 LNB(f)s i realize i will need to run cascading switches.

My thoughts are to run switches as follows

....................................22khz ON ----diseqc 4x to 3- 30" dishs + 1- 18" dish
Reciever->22 khz switch<
....................................22khz OFF---diseqc 4x to c/ku BUD + 1- 18" dish

Does this sound proper / feasible or should i be looking at another way of doing this? I seem to recall iceberg is running a setup like this, have you found any drawbacks yet? One other thing i am unsure about is signal loss going thru the switches, is this a major issue?

Wasnt it the other way around? A 4x1 DiSEqC to 4x 22kHz switches? I know I have seen this before, and I was planning on doing it that way myself.

The 22k goes first…but it won’t work with a motor …I tried that

If you move the BUD with the C-Band dish, it would work :D
But if you have a H-H for the KU band it won’t

I seem to recall iceberg is running a setup like this, have you found any drawbacks yet?

Dr
I have a 4x1 switch going as such

-port 1 is G10
-port 2 is ExpressVu 91
-port 3 22k off is a KU feed from motorized
-port 3 22k on is DBS feed from motorized

The motor is run from a different receiver…reason I have the 22K is because the dish to under the deck is a 40 foot run. The G10 dish is already under there and the ExpressVu is on the deck so this was to make it so I didn’t have 2 40’ runs

Iceberg said:
The 22k goes first…but it won’t work with a motor …I tried that

If you move the BUD with the C-Band dish, it would work :D
But if you have a H-H for the KU band it won’t

Im unsure what you mean here Iceberg. Does this mean that the signal to move the motor will not pass thru the switch? I wanted to have both the c and ku LNBs on the BUD on the same diseqc switch.

I tried to have it hooked up as such
Receiver----22k-------motor-----dish

And it wouldn’t work. The 22k wouldn’t let the motor run in either position

But if you are using the C-Band to move the Dish, I thought C-Band had a separate set of wires to move the C-Band dish….that will work

i will be using a vbox positioner box which is what is moving the actuator. The vbox acts like a disecq motor,except instead of moving the dish itself, it sends out the signal to the actuator to move via 36 volt wires, and then reads the position of the dish off of three additional wires from the position sensor (in my case a hall effect sender).

This is how i intend to setup with the 4 lnbs i currently am using.

reciever---vbox----4x1 diseqc switch---4 lnb(s)

Will the below work for additional lnbs i want to add in the future?
......................................22khz ON ----diseqc 4x to 3- 30" dishs + 1- 18" dish
Rec--vbox ->22 khz switch<
......................................22khz OFF---diseqc 4x to c/ku BUD + 1- 18" dish

i will be using a vbox positioner box which is what is moving the actuator. The vbox acts like a disecq motor,except instead of moving the dish itself, it sends out the signal to the actuator to move via 36 volt wires, and then reads the position of the dish off of three additional wires from the position sensor (in my case a hall effect sender).

This is how i intend to setup with the 4 lnbs i currently am using.

reciever---vbox----4x1 diseqc switch---4 lnb(s)

Will the below work for additional lnbs i want to add in the future?
......................................22khz ON ----diseqc 4x to 3- 30" dishs + 1- 18" dish
Rec--vbox ->22 khz switch<
......................................22khz OFF---diseqc 4x to c/ku BUD + 1- 18" dish

Ok…after 3 cherry cokes it make sense now :D
I thought you were using the C-Band receiver to move the C-Band dish….Since the VBox is first, there shouldn’t be an issue

In the first one, that is how I have mine right now
Receiver----motor----diseqc----KU band LNB (and a DBS LNB too)

The 2nd one should work as long as the C-band is on the “off” side of the switch

yep. The first one will work exactly as I have mine

Whatever ports have a fixed dish attached, just leave the motor set to "disable" in the menu...then it won't move :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gem Star dish anyone?

need a push in the right direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts