RTPi

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi,
i dont get any chanels on amc-4 because i can't get the satellite,
i tried everything possible and i'm still geting 0 % of quality, the level is a 80%,
Thanks

If you cant use the above DirecTV trick....

Try using the below to find AMC-4....

Peoples network.

DFreq : 11808 (H) SR : 2.713 Msps

make sure your LNBF L.O. is set correctly for the type of LNBF you have.

Couldn't make it work

O.k guys,
spent all afternoon trying to get the amc-4 satellite (RTPI) but without success,
tried all the tricks that were posted in this forum but nothing worked for me.
The best that i got was a level of 81 but the quality stayed always at 0.
I'm not an expert, far from that, but i installed a couple of dishnetwork dishes and i always got the signal ok, but with this one it was really impossible.
My equipment is:
receiver : Fortec lifetime ultra
Lnb : Fortec FSKU-2V with dual output
Dish : standard 1 meter dish

Could it be that the lnb is defected ?
Could it be the receiver ?
I don't want really to pay an installer $120.00 to come and do it for me, so any help would be apreciated.
Thank You.

Usually not the LNBF or receiver. The LNBF is a Universal so make sure you use "Universal 1" as your LNBF type in the antenna setup screen. Here is how mine is set up in antenna setup screen......

LNB type Universal 1
LNB Local-Freq. 9750/10600
22KHz -
DiSEqC OFF
LNB Power ON
TP 11808 H 2.713

Positioner Setting off (if not using a motor)
Satellite Scan FTA

That's the same set-up that i have,
could it be the dish ? i only paid 80$ can. for the dish and the lnb.

Remove the dish/reflector then re-attach it make sure you don't over tighten the four bolts as it can warp the dish, the dish should work as long as its in good shape, the LNBF should work for AMC-1 fine. Don't give up, it sounds like a pointing issue very small movements of the dish until you see signal quality. If you feel you are near a satellite do a Power Scan and see what you get, if its the wrong satellite at least we can tell you what way to move the dish.

Do you know if the receiver is working? I am using this receiver and find it to be one of the better ones. Dish network birds are like looking at Saturn or Jupiter. Many of the other are like looking at Mars. You can see it BUT are harder to find and a larger dish is needed.

For the hay of it try pointing at 110W and get gol TV. It should be a little easier to get and it will test your receiver. Or try IA5, T5 95W.

Drop you zip or one near you and someone may list all the sat locations for you or find the satfinder program on the Internet.

Consider a signal meter and standard LNBF to spead up the process.

Good luck!

henzio said:
O.k guys,
spent all afternoon trying to get the amc-4 satellite (RTPI) but without success,
tried all the tricks that were posted in this forum but nothing worked for me.
The best that i got was a level of 81 but the quality stayed always at 0.
I'm not an expert, far from that, but i installed a couple of dishnetwork dishes and i always got the signal ok, but with this one it was really impossible.
My equipment is:
receiver : Fortec lifetime ultra
Lnb : Fortec FSKU-2V with dual output
Dish : standard 1 meter dish

Could it be that the lnb is defected ?
Could it be the receiver ?
I don't want really to pay an installer $120.00 to come and do it for me, so any help would be apreciated.
Thank You.

I will give it another try

This after noon i'm going to try to get the amc-4 but i would like to know a couple of things first.
1- what is the easiest transponder to get from the amc4 ?
2-when trying to get the quality level, do i move the dish by making a small movement, wait to see if i get any quality and then make another movement of the dish or do i continually move the dish till i get any quality at all ?
3-should i start by moving the dish up and down or side to side ?
4-i have a clear view of the sky, and the dish is installed in the front of the house about 30ft hight does that look ok to get signal ?
That's all i can thing of right now, but i didn't get my coffee yet.
Thanks for all the help.
Henzio

Amc 4

Who said FTA is no good? Last night I had New Abilities TV (Chuck Harder's) channel on and watched "Return to Gilligan's Island". This is a great channel with super classic TV programs.

1. Dfreq. 11810 MHz (H) SR : 2.713 Msps The Peoples Network

2. Small movements stop...wait Repeat.......

3. Get the elevation right..... start by moving L + R

4. Sounds clear.......should be fine.

I just got my dish set up my 1m multistar dish and am trying to get RTPi. I've hit the proper satellite, but only seem to get 1/2 the channels possible (according to lyncsat). Blind search results in 27 TV channels found (including all scrambled), 9 radio. i get channels like:Esperanza TV, Tan TV 1/2, English TV, 3ABN, Dhamma Channel and lawers TV, (just to name a few). But i cannot get the receiver to pickup RTPi. I've tried to do a manual channel add and no luck.

I've got a coolsat 4000 PRO, 1m dish ku dual LNB. only running 30ft of cable (proper kind) and used a sat finder SF-95 to fine tune it to about 98% signal strength (not sure how to find out what TP gives that quality but it's the main sat set-up screen on the receiver). I'm not sure what i need to do to get it to find RTPi and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Installation of the dish was a breeze, hit 97W first and ended up watching some sports on SETANTA SPORT for a few hours, (i'll probably end up adding another dish for 97W later on)

You should be getting it with a one meter dish. (Depending on where you are.)

I am getting RTPi right now at 75% quality with a 36" dish and Invacom SNH-031 Universal LNBF. What kind of LNBF do you have? Guess you have tried skewing the LNBF by rotating it slightly in its holder. You can also try moving it closer and further away from the dish to see if you can get some more signal quality out of your LNBF.
It has always been a tough one to pull in for some people : (

I just bought a coolsat 4000 pro, and am having trouble picking up RTPi, i get most of the other channels on that sat using blind scan. Is there a way to see what the signal strength is on a specific transponder? lyngsat has it listed at TP 24.

I currently have about 90+% signal strength on AMC4, but blind scan does not show that channel. Does inputting the proper LNB frequency matter?, if i change it to a lower one in the dish setup menu, i get a higher signal strength. ie. setting it to 5.xxx, when my ku LNB says 10.xxx on it.

I've got a 1m dish and live near Winnipeg.

I read your other thread and checked and I wasn't seeing RTPi either.

I swung the dish over to AMC-4 and did a detail scan (optional under the blind scan) and it found it.

Make sure your L.O. frequency is correct for your LNB is the dish setup menu.

Either in the motorized settings or in the manual scan menu you can choose the transponder frequency. I'll get some screen grabs of mine on AMC-4 tonight.

Eurovision song contest is on right now.
I hope Scotland wins, it's about time they won something ;)

Edit: UK is in the bottom 3 with a grand total of 0 points.

Cascade said:
Eurovision song contest is on right now.
I hope Scotland wins, it's about time they won something ;)

Edit: UK is in the bottom 3 with a grand total of 0 points.
:mad:

"If its not Scottish its crap!" :)

As usual...... We have a whopping 8 points now. I remember growing up watching this and it was a BIG deal. There only was 3 TV channels in the UK back then so there was nothing much else to watch!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

No 16:9 on NBC AMC1 TP9?

Mayday Mayday Mayday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts