RIP SF-95 - Need a new meter, any suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cascade

Goose.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
After a year of faithful service my SF-95 has bitten the dust.
Does anyone know of an inexpensive digital or analogue meter that'll do C and Ku band? I'm lost without a meter and although the SF-95 was ok for an el-cheapo I could do with something a little less erratic.
Something like the Accutrac would work.

I was looking at this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11726&item=5778590759&rd=1
Anyone used it?

Better still, if anyone feels like buying me a Birdog or Satlook I guess I can make do with that.

Cheers all.

I use a Digisat II for signal peaking, it will work great for digital or analog. About 5 years and still going strong. It has even fell off (or did it jump?) from a few roofs onto concrete and much to my surprise it continues to work perfectly : )

I also like the old analog meters too!

Cheapest I found was $74.95.
What kind of tone does it put out? I remember when the 40 Dish techs came out, they all used an analogue meter with a tone that increased in pitch which would be perfect.

I use a aspen eagle ssm-22 for everything. Great solid meter and works great for digital and analog. A lillte bulky on the bight side it is hard to misplace.If someone buys you that Birdog or Satlook see if you can get two out of the deal :D I'll even pay for shipping :D

Same with the Digi-sat.......... the higher the pitch of the tone the more signal!

C.Lyons said:
I use a aspen eagle ssm-22 for everything. Great solid meter and works great for digital and analog. A lillte bulky on the bight side it is hard to misplace.If someone buys you that Birdog or Satlook see if you can get two out of the deal :D I'll even pay for shipping :D

I use an el-cheapo SatBuddy for most things but like the aspen eagle for setting up superdish (121 doesnt move the SBuddy much). The satbuddy has taken many falls and been in many rainstorms. Still works good. I dont know how well it will work on C-band..I dont know anything about them. I think the Aspen eagle would be a better choice becuase you can adjust the gain and see weaker signals with it.

A guy I work with as the little tiny blue acutrac. Has 3 yellow buttons and a LCD screen. Its NICE. Can plug it in to 2 LNB's at once to peak out 2 sats at once.

I really like my SF-95.. its always been my best friend ;)

and for the price, you really cant go wrong.

It's been a great meter for a cheapie, almost indestructable.
I need something with variable pitch and a little more sensitivity for this C-Band project.

my sf 95 had variable pitch for the first 2 times i used it, then the tone part died, while the signal strength meter still works fine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pictures of your FTA receiver setup :)

AMC 3 Can't find it??????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts